• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

is this a bug?

M

mkuzen

when we write domain.com/images to adressbar,it is redirected to domain.com/domain.com_non_ssl/images/

but when we write domain.com/images/ there is no problem

how can we solve this problem?

we have the same problem, but i think it is not a bug it's a feature :)

thats because the mapping is working not perfect. we hope this will be corrected in the next patch.

till now i didn't find a solution for that, just use the link with the / .

The mapping is working, it just isn't hiding the URL as it should. :)

This is supposed to be cleaned up completely in the next version, 7.0, which is hopefully coming soon.

I dont see why Plesk are using a mapping service to host domains.
From day one this has caused problems for us, I have suggested to plesk to change this and I hope they will.

I agree, I dislike the mappings alot. I dont want mydomain.com being sent to mydomain.com/mydomain.com_non_ssl

Once this is cleaned up you will not even know the mappings are there. It also cleans things up and lowers the resource taxes on the system.

If you compare, as we have had the opportunity to do working on a variety of servers & control panels, you will notice that a Plesk Server running 6.5.1 with the mapping.dll update uses a lot less resources than any other control panel I have seen. We have a server pushing over 10GB per day using only about 5% CPU with Plesk. Another server running Enom was without about the same bandwidth usage that we saw was using about 25% CPU.

That's a large difference.

@ddreams

how can i see if my mapping is updated or still the old one. plesk was in january on my server, but i want to know if my mapping is updated.

I testet some control panels and plesk was the leadder. by helm i had the problem of lot errors and ensim i could'nt install on a server with the german language on it.

and now since one week or little bit more our server is running quite well. i just have a problem with the ms sql.

The new "Mapping" will be out in 7.0 if you are refering to the clean up of it.

If you are refering to the mapping.ddl and fpmapping.dll they were updated in February. check the dates on the ones running in your server under \plesk\admin\bin\

the fpmapping.dll is from december 2003 and the mapping.dll from january.

can you send me the new ones, or should i wait till the 7.0 comes out?

best regrads chris

to: [email protected]

ps: a plesk sales told me that by the end of this week the backup feature comes out and also the german language. did you hear about something?

We use what I see to be the standard IIS way of setting up sites, each domain is setup as a new site. This doesnt cause any CPU problems, either on a manually provisioned server, an ensim or a webservercp server.

Frontpage doesnt work correctly with the mappings, and I havent a clue how to go about working with them as it is undocumented how the mapping actually works.

Back