• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Issue with Activating Backup to Cloud Pro Despite Valid License

Hammy

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.62_build1800240724.11 os_Ubuntu 20.04
I am reaching out to you regarding an issue with the Backup to Cloud Pro feature, despite having a valid license.

Even though I have a valid license, Plesk shows "Backup to Cloud Pro Off." When attempting to store scheduled backups in remote cloud storage, I receive the following error message:

“Storing scheduled backups in a remote cloud storage is a premium feature. Contact your hosting provider to unlock it.”

Additionally, I recently encountered an issue where Plesk did not recognize a valid license key. Consequently, I had to generate a new key through Ionos and update it in Plesk. After inserting the new key, these issues began to occur.

I have also tried retrieving the keys using the Retrieve Keys option, but this did not resolve the issue either.

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this matter so that I can use the Backup to Cloud Pro feature as intended.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi there, I am correct in seeing that you opened a support ticket with our license support team and that they have resolved the issue for you?

@Hammy @Kaspar@Plesk I have the exact same issue except I am on CloudLinux. On the same date my Plesk license just stopped working and I had to reissue and reinstalled the license - also via IONOS. And my Backup to Cloud Pro license has not worked since then. I have tried every which way to fix this. Wasted days on the problem. I have two servers with the same issue.
What is the fix PLEASE!

You have to create a ticket at the support and tell them your new licence key. Then they can fix it manually.

Thanks - I contacted them and they have now fixed the license issue.
For anyone else reading this and having the same issue.
After Plesk reassigned the license key, I had to go to license manager and click retrieve keys.
At that point it still didn't show as licensed but then I went to Plesk License Pricing Plans & Options. Plesk Discounts.
And found my order - clicked 'details' then 'Install the license to Plesk'
Now it was showing as licensed when viewing under the Extensions entry itself. (Didn't show under the Plesk additional licenses)
So all working now but I am not sure if there was a delay in retrieve keys working or if it really was when I readded it via the install to Plesk option.
Either way without Plesk reassigning the license first there is no way to fix this yourself.

Back