• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup issues after updating to 18.0.51 - Unable to validate the remote backup

hamstercodes

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
After updating to 18.0.51 I started getting random warnings from my scheduled backup tasks.
This only happens to a couple of my customers and even for them a couple times a week (not every day).
I get a warning saying "Unable to validate the remote backup. It may not be restored. Error: Unable to extract dump header"

I'm using OneDrive as my remote location. I tried unchecking "Validate backups via checksum" but that didn't stop the warnings.
I'm using Backup to Cloud Pro extension.

Backups were not modified on the past version iterations. The error message rather points to long (too long) response times of the backup target that are causing timeouts.

Backups were not modified on the past version iterations. The error message rather points to long (too long) response times of the backup target that are causing timeouts.
Maybe the error message could be closer to what actually happens? Now it seems to suggest there is something wrong with the file itself.

I'm still having this issue. Haven't really had time to debug more. Tried splitting the backups into smaller files as well but no luck

I've been having the same issue for at least three weeks. I'm backing up to a Google Cloud Storage bucket (S3-compatible), so I don't think that's the problem.

I had something like that some Updates ago. It caused issues when bachup. I identified two issues, one was trouble with 2 htaccess files. I removed them, waited some time and got up one which works (there must have been a fault somewhere in the files). The second was a problem that 3 IP's where not connected as they sould. I disconnected the IP, connected the IP's at the server via ssh again, reread in plesk and reconnect them. Last issue at one domain I wasn't able to solve, so I deleated the domain out of plesk. After that next backup went through as normal.

Back