• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issues installing php5-mhash

B

bosconsult

Hello,

I'm currently running Plesk 8.1 on Ubuntu Dapper Server Edition (6.01). I'm also running PHP5 and MySQL 5.

I need the php 5 mhash library (php5-mhash) for SIM integration for a site on this box. When I try to install php5-mash with apt-get, I get the following:
========================================================================
root@hostbox:/opt# apt-get install php5-mhash
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
php5-mhash: Depends: libmhash2 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: php5-common (= 5.1.2-1ubuntu3.10) but 5.1.2-1ubuntu3.9 is to be installed
psa: Depends: psa-locale-base-8.1.1
psa-bf1942: Depends: psa-security-8.2 but it is not installable
Depends: psa (>= 8.2.0) but 8.1.1-ubuntu6.06.build81070322.17 is to be installed
psa-fileserver: Depends: psa-security-8.2 but it is not installable
Depends: psa (>= 8.2) but 8.1.1-ubuntu6.06.build81070322.17 is to be installed
psa-firewall: Depends: psa-security-8.2 but it is not installable
Depends: psa (>= 8.2.0) but 8.1.1-ubuntu6.06.build81070322.17 is to be installed
psa-vpn: Depends: psa-security-8.2 but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
=============================================================================

How should I resolve these dependency issues? I've used apt-get -f install, and received the following:

root@hostbox:/etc/apt# apt-get install -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
libpam-plesk ppwse psa psa-api psa-api-rpc psa-appvault-advancedpoll psa-appvault-autoindex
psa-appvault-b2evolution psa-appvault-bbclone psa-appvault-coppermine psa-appvault-cslh psa-appvault-docfaq
psa-appvault-egroupware psa-appvault-fasttrack psa-appvault-gallery psa-appvault-geeklog psa-appvault-gtchat
psa-appvault-mambo psa-appvault-merchant psa-appvault-openbiblio psa-appvault-oscommerce psa-appvault-owl
psa-appvault-phpads psa-appvault-phpbb psa-appvault-phpbook psa-appvault-phpbugtracker psa-appvault-phpdig
psa-appvault-phpmoney psa-appvault-phpmyfamily psa-appvault-phpsurveyor psa-appvault-phpwebsite
psa-appvault-phpwiki psa-appvault-plog psa-appvault-pmachinefree psa-appvault-postnuke psa-appvault-siteframe
psa-appvault-tellme psa-appvault-tutos psa-appvault-typo psa-appvault-uebimiau psa-appvault-webcalendar
psa-appvault-webshopmanager psa-appvault-wordpress psa-appvault-xrms psa-atis psa-backup-manager psa-bf1942
psa-bf2 psa-cs-gs psa-fileserver psa-firewall psa-horde psa-hotfix3 psa-hotfix4 psa-imp psa-ingo psa-kronolith
psa-manual-custom-skin-guide psa-migration-manager psa-mimp psa-miva psa-mnemo psa-passwd
psa-rubyrails-configurator psa-sbm3 psa-spamassassin psa-turba psa-vpn psa-watchdog
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 69 to remove and 117 not upgraded.
7 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 846MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

Not sure what to do here. Please advise.

Thank You.

Back