• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issues with backups

C

cpet

I am trying to add a personal FTP server using the "Personal FTP Repository" adding in all my info and click OK it stalls for about 5-10 minutes with an error saying unable to connect please check your ftp info.

doing the connection test in the terminal renders this error

ftp_filemng: error: cURL execution failed: couldn't connect to host

System error 9: Bad file descriptor

Re

This seems to be a firewall issue with my provider, sorry for the post.

Hi

I seem to get the backups uploading ok to the ftp however if I try to delete a backup from the personal repository then I get: FTP Connection Error.

Did you get this issue please?

Thanks

I get that error too.

Also, even though my backups come up as apparently successful, they are duplicated under Tasks as failed. Deleting the failed backup doesn't touch the "successful" one, which is the same backup. Curious.

Since this problem is more widespread than I thought, I wonder if it's host-related or Plesk-related.

I have a dedicated server at 1and1 in the U.S. You?

I get that error too.

Also, even though my backups come up as apparently successful, they are duplicated under Tasks as failed. Deleting the failed backup doesn't touch the "successful" one, which is the same backup. Curious.

Since this problem is more widespread than I thought, I wonder if it's host-related or Plesk-related.

I have a dedicated server at 1and1 in the U.S. You?

Hi

We have a dedicated root server from 1and1 which is located in Berlin. However we use 1and1 backup ftp we pay extra for. It is very strange problem and not good as we need backups regular.

It must be ples-related as its to do with connecting to the ftp, and I can connect fine using ssh shell etc.

It would be great if Plesk could actually talk to us and tell us if this is a bug with Plesk as it must be :(

Thanks
Terry

Hi

We have a dedicated root server from 1and1 which is located in Berlin. However we use 1and1 backup ftp we pay extra for. It is very strange problem and not good as we need backups regular.

It must be ples-related as its to do with connecting to the ftp, and I can connect fine using ssh shell etc.

It would be great if Plesk could actually talk to us and tell us if this is a bug with Plesk as it must be :(

Thanks
Terry

Aha. No of course, 1and1 and Plesk have a special contract, at least in the U.S. But curious that we have similar setups.

And, yes, my problem is with their backup FTP, although mine is the free one they provided with my package.

Hi

Thanks
Terry

actually yes ours is the free ftp also supplied with package, however we do not use the Plesk supplied as we got our own license and use that, as we wanted more control than was possible with 1and1's plesk license :(

but yes very strange both of us have 1and1, maybe we should now both together contact plesk and 1and1 as it is very strange we both get the same issues :) but at least we know its a bug surely

please email me at [email protected] for my msn if you want, so we can keep in touch to try to get this fixed.

I did, definitely. Could it have lodged in your Spam folder?

Peace,
Gene

Hi

Ah, received your new one. Maybe plesk decided to delete it :) as would not suprise me. Got your new email and will call 1and1 on monday, please let me know what they have said to you so far.

Thanks
Terry

Back