• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Important Joomla! - Thread for questions regarding the Open-Source CMS Joomla!

Viktor Vogel

Pro Pleskian
Staff member
Hi Plesk community,

I would like to open a dedicated thread for Joomla!, one of the most popular Open-Source Content Management Systems worldwide.

I'm an active member of the Joomla! project and have over 11 years of experience with it. Additionally, I'm the owner of the popular project "Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions": https://joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/
(This project website on all associated websites are running smoothly with Plesk since many years! ;-) )

Please feel free to ask questions regarding Joomla! (with Plesk) in this thread.

Attention: Use this thread if you have specific issues or need help in developing extensions and not for general discussions about the CMS!

Hi, my hosting provider uses plesk. I want to use Joomla! for the site I am managing. I have installed Joomla! 3.6.4 through the Plesk Onyx interface. But when I go to the Joomla! administrator page, I get a "404 The requested document was not found on this server" error.

I have tried removing Joomla! and re installing it, but I still get the same error.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi IT_Scooter,

welcome to the support forum!

Hmm, sounds like not all files were transferred properly to the file system. Can you load the frontpage of the Joomla! installation? Did you check the file system, are all files available (also the administrator folder)?

Please try to make a manual installation using the latest package of Joomla! and check whether it then works correctly: https://downloads.joomla.org/

Have success!

Hi Viktor,

I also use Joomla for some years but until recently on shared hosting. Because of the limitations now I'm using a VPS with Plesk.
I have a question that maybe you can answer.

Is it safe to use PHP mail in Joomla or is it safer to use smtp / sendmail?

Well , in the last few days i am trying to investigate the benefits of php-fpm combined with nginx or varnish(inside docker) for Joomla CMS
While i have concluded that Wordpress inside on Cloudlinux OS + php-fpm + nginx is the perfect combination even for high traffic websites , i have an on-going deep investigation for Joomla 3 , which seems more tricky.
I would love to hear your recommendations for performance based actions, and nginx additional directives on Plesk panel.

Hi Plesk community,

I would like to open a dedicated thread for Joomla!, one of the most popular Open-Source Content Management Systems worldwide.

I'm an active member of the Joomla! project and have over 11 years of experience with it. Additionally, I'm the owner of the popular project "Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions": Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions - Free extensions for the CMS Joomla!
(This project website on all associated websites are running smoothly with Plesk since many years! ;-) )

Please feel free to ask questions regarding Joomla! (with Plesk) in this thread.

Attention: Use this thread if you have specific issues or need help in developing extensions and not for general discussions about the CMS!

I agree with you that Joomla is one of the most popular Open-Source Content Management Systems worldwide. Has there any limitation for file transferring in Joomla?

Joomla functions always safe, so I will suggest and it is safe to use PHP mail-in Joomla. One website but I am not able to revert it in WordPress site what to do any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Plesk community,

I'm an active member of the Joomla! project and have over 11 years of experience with it. Additionally, I'm the owner of the popular project "Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions": Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions - Extensions for the CMS Joomla!

Do you have any movie for this? EUL - Easy User Login

Hi Plesk community,

I'm an active member of the Joomla! project and have over 11 years of experience with it. Additionally, I'm the owner of the popular project "Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions": Kubik-Rubik Joomla! Extensions - Extensions for the CMS Joomla!

Thanks Sir

Hello,

it's been I while since Joomla 4 was released and as Joomla Toolkit for Plesk is so great and helpful I am waiting for the Joomla 4 Support.
Does anybody has an idea when Joomla 4 will be supported? ...soon or still a lot more weeks, month to wait?!??

Thanks and regards!

Hello,

it's been I while since Joomla 4 was released and as Joomla Toolkit for Plesk is so great and helpful I am waiting for the Joomla 4 Support.
Does anybody has an idea when Joomla 4 will be supported? ...soon or still a lot more weeks, month to wait?!??

Thanks and regards!
Hello Klaus,

Thank you for your entry.

I'm currently working on the Joomla! 4 support in our Joomla Toolkit. I will finish it by the end of this week, and most likely latest next week, the new version will officially be released. So, stay tuned!

Cheers
Viktor

Hey Viktor,

sorry for beeing so pushy or just call it curious. :)
I guess there is a small delay for Joomla4 Support? Any idea when I will show up....looking forward to it. :)

Thanks & cheers
Klaus

Back