• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved JSON API: Create/Update Client: "Call to a member function getApsBundleFilter() on null"

Giu

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition 18.0.38 Update #1
Hi there,

im testing out the JSON Api. So far everything works nicely but on
POST Create Client /clients
PUT Update Client /clients/{id}

i get the following Error:

{
"code": 0,
"message": "Call to a member function getApsBundleFilter() on null"
}

On POST Create Client the client still gets created even though no success message is returned but on Update (PUT /clients/{id} the update does not update.

So basically these two routes are bugged out at least on my installation

(Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition
Version 18.0.38 Update #1)

anyone can help?

I couldn't reproduce this issue on a server with the most recent Plesk version (18.0.50 Update #2). Best advice I can give is to update to the newest Plesk version.

Last edited:
So i "solved" the issue by myself i guess

in the API Docs the following parameters where given:

{
"name": "John Smith",
"company": "Plesk",
"login": "john-unit-test",
"status": 0,
"email": "[email protected]",
"locale": "en-US",
"owner_login": "admin", <- i removed this and now no errors occur anymore
"external_id": "link:12345",
"description": "Nice guy",
"password": "changeme1Q**"
}

i removed the "owner_login": "admin" parameter and everything works as expected. I don't know if owner_login is an important parameter. what does it do? For me login is enough.

Good to hear you've got it solved. I still recommend updating Plesk to the most recent version tho.

The owner_login parameter sets the user name for the user (client) to log into Plesk. Which can be omitted when updating (PUT) client data. But is a required parameter when creating a client (POST).

Back