• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Kaspersky doesn't work fine

Ralf Bendix

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have bought Kaspersky unlimited, installed Kaspersky and the license in Plesk.
But Kaspersky doesnt check the E-Mails correctly.
Some Mails with 100% virus were sent !
I checked it with an EICAR testvirus, but the virus mail was sent, too.
When I tried ClamAV everthing works fine.
When I tried "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\kav\TestScan.exe" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\kav\TestScan64.exe" I get the following message:

(TestScan.exe)Start Initialization...
kaveInitialize returned hr=0x8004025d
Initialization FAILED!!! Result code: 0x8004025d
KAV_E_LICENSE_EXPIRED_OR_MISSING no valid licence found or license expired

and

(TestScan64.exe) Start Initialization...
kaveInitialize returned hr=0x80004005
Initialization FAILED!!! Result code: 0x80004005

But my license is not expired as I can see in Plesk: Kaspersky Antivirus 8.1.5.58. License will expire at 2012-Dec-19

My System: Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, 11.0.9 Update #26, MailEnable Professional 6.65

If Kaspersky doesn't I'll cancel the unlimited version and try ClamAV again. :(

I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Ralf

Hi,
no, unfortunately not ! I switched back to ClamAV.
Parallels didn't answer me.
Obviously the windows version is not important enough.
My next step will be changing the OS !

This control panel has become a total nightmare and joke with Windows 2008 R2. It has been nothing but problems since upgrading from an older 9.5 Plesk VPS running on Windows 2003. Not one thing has worked correctly from the DNS to this great new license problem with Kaspersky anti virus which not only do they not fix the blatant problem but they don't even care to address it on their own forum. Time to look for a new panel and operating system.

Back