• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Kaspersky renewal got North....

yurka

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I needed to renew Kaspersky antivirus, after getting the key file I uploaded it to the Plesk throw Administration Panel and replaced the old one. On the License manager screen in Admin Panel I saw the new expiration date, but in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog it still got the old expired date and did not worked. From this moment, everything got down.

I tried to restart the Kaspersky service throw the administration panel, didn't help. I removed and installed from beginning the license key in Admin Panel, didn't help. I tried to restart the Kav and started to get errors, the Kav service could not be started, with Unknown error in maillog file.
I removed the Kaspersky at all by "yum remove psa-kav8" and the license from the Admin Panel, and installed it again throw Adminh Panel->Updates, same thing, Kav service failed to start.

Now the status that Kav installed but in Admin Panel-> Services it shown as grey (as it not installed), manual start from shell "/etc/init.d/kavhost start" return FAILED and updated license installed.
1. Any thoughts how can I activate Kav in Admin Panel-> Services?
2. Where can I find the logs at manusl start on service? In maillog nothing shown.

I am using RedHat 5, Plesk Panel 10.2.

Thanks in advance.
Yuri

After some digging, I found out that in:
/opt/kav/sdk8l3/bin/ file name kav.key was missing. After copying it from saved install Kav service started, but when running kav8update I see:
Code:
Loading engine...
Current product version: 8.0.1.25
Initializing engine...
Using xml-file: /opt/kav/sdk8l3/bin/settings.xml.

LICENSE INFO:
Key file: kav.key
Expiration date: 24/02/2013

My new license should be until 2014, any idea why this kav.key did not updated?

Edited:

After restarting the server service FAILED to start again.....

One more Update:
Even the Kav is running and the License updated in Plesk Panel, in maillog I still see:
Code:
Mar  6 09:27:44 rhser kav-handler[27595]: Scan: KAV_E_LICENSE_EXPIRED_OR_MISSING no valid licence found or license expired
I think for some reason the kav.key file does not updating. Is there a way to update this file manually?

Yuri

Last edited:
Back