• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

kernel upgrade

F

flupke

What is the best way to upgrade the OS?

I have Fedora running in a VPS, I would like to upgrade the kernel to fix some security issues. Can I just do it the usual way with RPM or is it recommended to do it with templates?

I don' have much experience with templates (unless installing one when creating a new VPS). Will SWsoft provide us with OS templates each time there is are patches, new version.... Will I be able to revert back to the previous version of the kernel if I do it with templates?

Regards,

Philippe

Problem Updating Kernel

I'm having this error. Can't update the kernel to asl kernel. I would like to know if plesk use this kernel or not and if can I unistall it and reinstall the new one, without broke the panel.
When I try to yum update I'm not able to do that.
My system is a Centos 5 Plesk 10.4.4.

package kernel-xen-2.6.18-274.12.1.el5.x86_64 (which is newer than kernel-xen-2.6.18-274.7.1.el5.x86_64) is already installed

Can you help me?

I'm having this error. Can't update the kernel to asl kernel.

What error do you get? Does your server run its own kernel or a shared one? I recommend contacting ASL Support if you're having problems updating to the ASL kernel. If your server is a VPS running on a shared kernel you won't be able to change the kernel, unless your server also provides an option to run your own.

I would like to know if plesk use this kernel or not and if can I unistall it and reinstall the new one, without broke the panel.

Plesk doesn't really care what kernel you're using. You can install multiple kernels, so there's is usually no need to uninstall a kernel, unless you want to reclaim some diskspace.

When I try to yum update I'm not able to do that.

What are you trying to do exactly and what is the error you're getting?

Back