• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Lease Only!!

They do respond when it suits them.

Obviously this is not a topic they want to discuss.

Gentlemen,

Parallels has never changed or raised prices for our base Plesk product in company history (7+ years). We recently did make a decision to discontinue sales of any domain count except for unlimited domains within our Plesk Plus edition; as we are aligning our business model more closely with our customers and partners who also do not "sell" their services but rather offer them on the subscription basis. In fact even prior to the decision, over 90% of Plesk licenses were leased.

Parallels does offer significant discounts (and other benefits) through our partner program and focused on our partners as primary distribution channel for Parallels Plesk. I'd encourage you to contact sales and enquire about our Partner program.

Aligning?? That's simply ridicolous.. the only reason for this shameful move is that you want to increase your profits..you don't care of your customers, maybe you want to keep only the big ones.
Please think once again of what you are doing to your loyal customers!

Gentlemen,
Parallels has never changed or raised prices for our base Plesk product in company history (7+ years). We recently did make a decision to discontinue sales of any domain count except for unlimited domains within our Plesk Plus edition; as we are aligning our business model more closely with our customers and partners who also do not "sell" their services but rather offer them on the subscription basis. In fact even prior to the decision, over 90% of Plesk licenses were leased.
Swsoft started 1,5 year ago to move us to leased, but too expensive.
Parallels does offer significant discounts (and other benefits) through our partner program and focused on our partners as primary distribution channel for Parallels Plesk. I'd encourage you to contact sales and enquire about our Partner program.

Yes, but only if I have silver, gold, whatever contracts and pay minumum $$ each month.
Sorry, to expensive for a small company, because we do not need this amout of licenses but have pay it.

I do not want to leave swsoft, but I have to.
I sell domains for 12 eur, without taxes for 10, and buy them for 9,5; but the hspc-account-monthly lease is now
much higher than revenue.
If I increase domain-prices, to have an revenue, I'm out of business.
This new business program only helps big big hosting companies, but small ones loose their business.

byebye swoft.

Dear Chaoztc

I want you to personally email me through the parallels system or contact me through AOL AIM I want to show you how to make a profit using the Parallels system.

Best regards

Chris

as we are aligning our business model more closely with our customers and partners who also do not "sell" their services but rather offer them on the subscription basis. In fact even prior to the decision, over 90% of Plesk licenses were leased.

The statement is seriously ridiculous.

We all understood you want recurring revenues.
The math is easy to do: I paid 189 dollars or something for my 30-domains license, which I have been using for over 30 months now. That's about 6,3 USD per month.
You just discontinued the volume-pricing that was adequate for my business (30 Domains), and now you are offering me a lease, which means an increase by 535% (supposing my use is limited to 30 months).

Second, you say that the sold licences were only 10% of your business. So... why is it important to you to do this step if the outcome is alledgedly negligible anyway?
It just doesn't fit.

Plus, you, SW-Soft, are doing a mistake.
Small internet start ups like mine could start with a bought 30 or 100 domain license. When these businesses grow, they would purchase more Plesk products.
But now those small businesses will use other products.

bye bye Plesk

I think that the last 4-5 years everything has started to gone downhill for Plesk (bad management from the board of directors perhaps?) with both pricing and software development, unfortunately. I was checking in here because I was about to purchase a license for Plesk 9 but this way of pricing and forcing customers to subcribe to a monthly fee is a bad idea in my opinion. So as many others stated above it's bye bye plesk

Back