• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Let's Encrypt Failure

m3lezZ

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Hey friends,
i got a problem with lets encrypt.

Certificates for domains will be renewed as usual, all is fine but.
Lets Encrypt tries every time to renew certificates for the webmail.
But on the domains there's no webmail acitvated and in the settings of lets encrypt at each domain there is also "protect webmail" not activated.

Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #43
OS version: CentOS 7.4.1708

Thanks for your help.
Best regards, Max.

Hey,
have you set in plesk panel > domains > in mail settings > webmail to none & SSL cert to not selected? There is/was an issue when webmail still was selected with horde or roundcube...

upload_2018-4-1_9-47-44.png

The customers gets every day emails about the that the certificates for the webmail could not be extended although webmail should not be leased by Lets Encrypt.

For example:
"Could not secure domains of Customer (login Customer) with Let's Encrypt certificates. Please log in to Plesk and secure the domains listed below manually.
Securing of the following domains has failed:

* 'domain.tld'
Missed domain names failed to pass validation: webmail.domain.tld

The following domains have been secured without some of their Subject Alternative Names:

<none>

Could not renew Let's Encrypt certificates for Customer (login Customer). Please log in to Plesk and renew the certificates listed below manually.
Renewal of the following Let's Encrypt certificates has failed:

<none>

The following Let's Encrypt certificates have been renewed without some of their Subject Alternative Names:

<none>"

I fixed the issue:

Unfortunately, I was unable to find anything helpful in server logs to proceed with the investigation, probably due to log rotation.
I have just configured log rotation to store logs for a bit longer period.

Last edited:
Oh i missed the important part.

I disabled in the service-package at additional services:

Let's Encrypt to non, synchronized the subscriptions with the plan, and than changed it back to "Keep websites secured with SSL ..." and synchronized it again. Now it works.

I disabled in the service-package at additional services:

Let's Encrypt to non, synchronized the subscriptions with the plan, and than changed it back to "Keep websites secured with SSL ..." and synchronized it again. Now it works.

Flagging that as the "Best answer", as it seems to be more informative...

Back