• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Magento 2 Actual Compatibility Situation

nick_ingenia

New Pleskian
Hello everyone, I'm new about Plesk platform. I did not know about Plesk until today because I'm upgrading my server in order to find the best solution for Magento 2 sites.

So my hosting provider suggested me a VPS with Plesk Onyx 17 (2 core 4gb ram 150 ssd unlimited bandwidth or 4 core 8gb ram and 250gb ssd).

I've done a fast test with plesk demo platform. I searched all topics about integration with Plesk and Magento 2 but now I'm lots confused.

I need to migrate all my clients sites in Vps with plesk and I wish you can give me an hand to understand the actual situation about plesk and Magento 2 compatibility also in order to help other users with my equal doubts.

1) Varnish caching - Plesk does not official support Varnish, is it true? Is there anyone that managed to use Nginx + Varnish?

2) Redit caching - Is a solution that perform a lots Magento 2 performance. Is it compatibile with plesk? Anyone uses it?

3) Ssh with Git and Composer - Can I have with plesk the possibility to use ssh with Git and Composer without problem?

4) Cronjob with Magento 2 works well? Anyone that uses Magento 2 with plesk can answer? I've found some posts where some webmasters compains about problem with indexer cron job with Magento > 2.x

5) What os is better for plesk? Debain 8 or CentOs 7?

6 - Most important issue) During test on plesk admin demo panel I've tried to perform a new installation of Magento 2.

Error: "The app requires the mysql database server version 5.6 or later."

But I previously selected the true php version:

401bbfc3886545a4aaec3722496848b2.png

0ff6bc48d583453484b66a82093fb8ec.png

895dc0b04533426fa34762a44b8fd679.png

What I need to do in order to set php 5.6 to my entire server/plesk platform?

So dear plesk's users did you advise me to use plesk with Magento 2 or there are lots of problems with it?
Is it preferable a Cloud Hosting with all Magento 2 requirements pre-installed?

Thanks at all

Back