• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Magento 2 APS Package and Extensions

speedswim

New Pleskian
Whenever I try to install an extension inside my magento 2.1 installation on plesk, my server crashes and I have to reinstall the whole application. When installing vie Setup Wizard, it is stuck at "Update pending" and a manual installation via console leads to the server being not reachable (HTTP Error 500). What can I do to install extensions properly?

EDIT: My System - Ubuntu 14.04, Plesk 12
When Update is pending, no errors appear in the log file and I cannot access magento since the store is supposedly in maintenance mode (said in setup wizard), but when I check via ssh, no maintenance mode could be detected. So I cannot access the magento services in any way.
When trying to install manually by copying code and updating config.php I get following error:
client denied by server configuration: /var/www/vhosts/***.de/httpdocs/app/etc/config.php

Last edited:
@speedswim,

It would help if you could provide some basic information about your system like your OS, Plesk version.

What exactly do you mean by "server crashes"?

Also, did you check your log files for errors? What do they say?

Okay, I tried manual installation once more and got a fatal error, which I could repair with a database upgrade. The extension seems to be working in the backend now, but when I insert it to be displayed on the website, js and css files are not loaded (403-Error in console). The files are there and permissions are 755 for directories and 644 for files, so this should work..

Back