• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Magento 2 folder and files groups

Tonies

New Pleskian
Hi,

Could someone please inform me what the groups should be for files and folders for a Magento 2 installation? There is already a user created for the directory httpdocs but the files and folders inside of Magento 2 have different groups, though the owner is the same.

At the moment the groups are psaserv or psacln for different files and folders, is this correct?

I am getting a 503 sometimes and also this error so many times: A technical problem with the server created an error. Try again to continue what you were doing. If the problem persists, try again later. No logs in regards to this though so no idea where the issue is. Am guessing it could be due to the 2 different groups for different files and folders.

I am guessing it is because of the files and folder permissions above or maybe a good place to start in order to resolve this in the long run.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi,
try to install magento 2 through aps installer. There is magento 2.1 package.
After that login as the user for that subscription and upgrade to latest version.

Hi thanks for the reply. Appreciate your input and sorry for the late reply as just came on and noticed this post after a while.

Thanks again.

Hi,
try to install magento 2 through aps installer. There is magento 2.1 package.
After that login as the user for that subscription and upgrade to latest version.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do, but it's stuck on readiness check with following error message:

Check Component Dependency
We found conflicting component dependencies. Hide detail
For additional assistance, see component dependency help .​

There's no other details.
What might the issue? It's a fresh domain, with a fresh install from APS catalog...

Last edited:
Back