• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Magento 2 plesk compatibility issue

@custer
Hi everyone,

1. We're planning to release a working version of Magento 2 APS package soon.
  2. Try the following instructions and let us know if they help: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/prereq/file-system-perms.html
  3. If the instructions above do not help, try the following:
Edit ./vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DriverInterface.php and change the following:

const WRITEABLE_DIRECTORY_MODE = 0755; // was: 0770
const WRITEABLE_FILE_MODE = 0644; // was: 0660

This will make sure that Magento creates files and directories with the correct permissions.

Next, reset the current file permissions by running the following command via SSH (I assume that your current work directory is the root installation dir):

cd ./pub
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

This should reset file permissions to 644 and directory permissions to 755 inside the ./pub directory and all sub-directories.

Are these the changes Plesk has made in Installation Package?

Edit ./vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DriverInterface.php and change the following:

const WRITEABLE_DIRECTORY_MODE = 0755; // was: 0770
const WRITEABLE_FILE_MODE = 0644; // was: 0660

Are these the changes Plesk has made in Installation Package?

Hi everyone,

Looks like I'm late to the party. ;) Yeah, Magento 2 APS package is out, and it doesn't have any issues with permissions (that's kind of self-explanatory because Magento won't be working otherwise).

Hi Plesk team,
There is magento update 2.0.4, when you plan to release aps package with that update included.
Probably it will be easier to release these updates after now you have official support for m2.

Hi,

Thanks to the package I have finally managed to install Magento 2 without any problems on Plesk. However if I try to use the Magento 2 websinstaller to upgrade or install other extensions I do not get past the readiness check. The PHP Version is not recognized.

PHP is set at PHP 7.0.4 and to run as FPM Application. I use Plesk 12.5.30 Update #27. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks,
KooTjoo

Thanks to the package I have finally managed to install Magento 2 without any problems on Plesk. However if I try to use the Magento 2 websinstaller to upgrade or install other extensions I do not get past the readiness check. The PHP Version is not recognized.

PHP is set at PHP 7.0.4 and to run as FPM Application. I use Plesk 12.5.30 Update #27. Any suggestions on this?

I have the same issue, standart install, I have tried different PHPs and none of them passed the magento 2 check

I have managed to get a little further with this. Issue of not seeing PHP Version is because of Cron Jobs are not created.

I have manually created cronjobs now, but it doesn't pick up the correct PHP Version. I have set PHP 7 to be used but it keeps showing PHP 5.6

/usr/bin/php -c /etc/php.ini /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/bin/magento cron:run >> /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/var/log/magento.cron.log& any help on this?

If I install Magento 2 manually by copying the files etc. it all seems to work ok.

Hi @KooTjoo.

Thank you for the provided details. We reproduced the issue on our side and confirm it's a bug. I hope it'll be fixed in nearest updates of APS package.

Hello, I do not think that plesk is yet ready for this new product, even with the APS package i'm getting files permission issue and DB user privilege issue.

We've encountered a certain issue that might affect some customers. As soon as we figure out what to do, we'll release the update. It should be out very soon. Sorry for delay!

Back