• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Magento 2 plesk compatibility issue

Ahmad12

Basic Pleskian
hello,

i've installed Magento 2 on plesk 12.5.30, but it is not success and i think the mean reason is that magento required the webserver user to be the owner of the files but which is not the case in plesk...

any solution?

I think Magento 2 requires MySQL 5.6 and Plesk comes with a previous version out of the box. If you can have Plesk handle mail and DNS, you can point an external web and database server, one that has Varnish installed as well, and install it there. In most cases, Magento is not suitable for shared hosting, as it's pretty demanding on CPU and RAM.

I think Magento 2 requires MySQL 5.6 and Plesk comes with a previous version out of the box. If you can have Plesk handle mail and DNS, you can point an external web and database server, one that has Varnish installed as well, and install it there. In most cases, Magento is not suitable for shared hosting, as it's pretty demanding on CPU and RAM.
My plesk install is with mariadb 10, so that wasn't the problem. Most of the problems were related to ownership and permissions.
I know that magento uses a lot of resources, but at the moment I have plenty of them.
The strange thing is that I have shared hosting with cpanel and softacolus, and they have magento 2 out of the box.

Bulent absolutely right, it is issue with ownership and permission, hope that plesk professional team solve it.

Hi everyone,

1. We're planning to release a working version of Magento 2 APS package soon.
  2. Try the following instructions and let us know if they help: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/prereq/file-system-perms.html
  3. If the instructions above do not help, try the following:
Edit ./vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DriverInterface.php and change the following:

const WRITEABLE_DIRECTORY_MODE = 0755; // was: 0770
const WRITEABLE_FILE_MODE = 0644; // was: 0660

This will make sure that Magento creates files and directories with the correct permissions.

Next, reset the current file permissions by running the following command via SSH (I assume that your current work directory is the root installation dir):

cd ./pub
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

This should reset file permissions to 644 and directory permissions to 755 inside the ./pub directory and all sub-directories.

Thanks custer, it looks like working fine i'll give it more test and update.
Did you gave extra permission in phpmyadmin and how did you make it work(2 or 3 from previous post) ?
Can you explain exact steps?

Hi Custer. Do you have an ETA on when that APS package to be released?

We're testing it right now, so if everything goes smooth, we'll release it by the end of this week (hopefully). If problems are found, realistic ETA would be the end of March.

Did you gave extra permission in phpmyadmin and how did you make it work(2 or 3 from previous post) ?
Can you explain exact steps?

DB user should have full permission on the DB, I did not understand the rest of your question.

it will be interesting to see how they juggle the permission issues.. they either need to add nginx or apache to the psacln group or change a core magento file.

Hi,

Magento 2 APS package will be published very soon. Important: Magento 2 will be available only on Plesk for Linux, and it will require MU#27 (if you're using Plesk 12.5) before installing Magento 2.

I was able to do my file and group ownership configurations without trouble. But, I cannot get my Plesk to default to the php 5.6 version - it keeps loading php 5.4.13. I feel that I am so close to getting the Magento 2 install to work...

Back