• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Magento 2 plesk compatibility issue

Hey guys,

i just figered out why this happen to plesk user.

I had also the error with php version . and other stuff... the php.ini,, the extensions, and the whole php lieing in the folder /opt/...plesk....!
When you installing Magento it checked the folders and pass the ready check!

After Magento is installed it doesnt connect to the OPT Folder... and says there is no PHP Version installed. So you cannot pass the Ready Check !

So what i do is, i installed php5 in ssh and it set up the files into ext/php5/cli/ ... from now magento confirm the Php Version ... also need change always_populate_raw_post_data=-1 in the php.ini after this steps. Magento is working.

I dont know why this is so strange.

In the OPT Folder there is also php7 but i dont know atm running on 5.6.20 after make command apt-get install php5...

Hi !
I have this error few weeks ago and I have managed to resolve it too.
For me, I need to use php5.6 and not php7, to install mcrypt and intl php extensions, to add always_populate_raw_post_data=-1 in the php.ini and to create my Magento Cron like that : /usr/bin/php -c /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc <path to magento>
It's work but only on a debian 8 setup, I will not try again to update mysql to 5.6 with centos 7 :eek:

But don't make too many change to your install just to run Magento 2 because without a varnish cache it's not fast enough for production, even on a big dedicated server ..

We've released Magento 2.0.6 package yesterday - let us know if everything looks good on your side.

I have some php problems.
When I run:
magento indexer:reindex

it says magento supports php5.5.0 or later, when I check php -v
it returns php 5.4.16 (cli)

How can I run magento indexer:reindex with php 5.6 or php7

Hi bulent,

How can I run magento indexer:reindex with php 5.6 or php7

the Plesk - PHP binaries are here:

Code:
/opt/plesk/php/5.2/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/5.5/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php

... so your command would be for PHP 5.6 + PHP 7.0 for example:

/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /complete/path/to/bin/magento indexer:reindex

/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /complete/path/to/bin/magento indexer:reindex

Hi,
I installed the latest Version of Magento 2 (2.0.7) via Plesk. This error occurs if I try to visit the shop or the admin dashboard.

There has been an error processing your request
Warning: SessionHandler::read(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_jgs5e2jggbg4p3vbcav58a4vd6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /var/www/vhosts/my-domain.com/httpdocs/magento/vendor/magento/framework/Session/SaveHandler.php on line 93

[root@web01 php]# ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 15. Mai 17:22 .
drwxr-xr-x 49 root root 4096 7. Jun 03:17 ..
drwx-wx-wt 2 root root 4096 7. Jun 13:17 session​

Permissions are ok. But in the session folder is no file called "sess_jgs5e2jggbg4p3vbcav58a4vd6" but different one "sess_hugedjj7qikamv789990g2fai6".

I'm running Cloudlinux 7 with Plesk 12.5.30 Update #36, tried it with different versions of PHP (7.07, 5.6.22 & 5.5.36). Used database is MariaDB 10.1.6

Any ideas?

I'm not sure but you should try chown -R yourwebuser:yourwebuser /yourmagentodirectory/. I have install it yesterday without any error with plesk onyx.

At the Moment the permission of the magento directory is: drwxr-x--- 6 webuser psaserv
Thats the default and should work.
The issue is clearly that a session file does not exist or can not be created. But why?

Apachelog says :
mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Warning: SessionHandler::write(): open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_tmic7eqjqhlupkk1681fdjqb20, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)...

Right after the installation finished a session file is created. But then no session file will be created anymore or the wrong is called...i don't know.

You should check if php modules mcrypt and intl are working and you can try edit php session save path.

Thanks for your help.
I checkt if the mcrypt and intl modules are loaded and they are.

You're welcome ! But don't spend too much time to fix it because magento require varnish cache for production.

Ah yes since 2.0.6, I will make some bench with it if I have time. I will tell you if it's better

No, not with Redis Cache. I use PHP 7 and have just succesfully activated Redis on that but not yet tested with Magento 2. I am hoping Plesk will support Varnish in near future.

Okay, I will look for running it on my Plesk and to use a small VPS for Varnish.
Because the installation with the new version 2.0.7 work fine, if you have no product. But after adding 1000+ items on the store, it become so slow. Magento is really the only program I know which support only a complete cache solution. It's also the only to support a store with 1M+ items. If you test something let us know if it work.

Back