• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Magicspam extension missing in Extension catalog but installed

Brujo

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
I have the Magicspam extension installed and work, but since some days this extension is missing under the extensions

On one server with Onyx 17.8.11 Update #13 the extension is installed and works, but I do not see it anymore under: Plesk Panel > Extensions > My Extensions
also I cant find it within the extension search and even not under plesk panel > Extensions > Extensions Catalog > Categories.

# plesk bin extension -l does not show magicspam in the listing

On another Server with Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update #52 it is also installed and here still visible under My Extensions but also not more visible in the Extensions Catalog > Categories

So whats going on with the Magicspam Freemium extension?

Last edited:
As far as I know, developing MagicSpam extension was stopped recently. Try to get more detail from @MagicSpam12

@IgorG - thanks for answer - sad to hear this, was one of my often suggested freemium tool... of course have also contacted @MagicSpam12 to get clearness and I hope for those users who have used it so far, Magicspam will handle it responsibly

Last edited:
Yes, magicspam extension not more available for install in new Plesk Installations.

A couple of notes, we are escalating with Plesk to identify the reason why it is not available in the extension catalogue. Rest assured we are committed to our many Plesk customers.

Last edited:
Guys, MagicSpam extension is temporary not available. Note that none of the existing customers or partners are affected and it may come back for new sales as well. We will announce it over the coming 2-3 weeks.
Thanks.

I need enable new servers with this extension, so i wait that extension is enable asap.
Thanks.

I had the same issue and found a solution:

ssh to your Server as root and do the following:

cd /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules
plesk bin extension -r magicspam

This re-registers the extension and after that it's again available under "My Extensions".

By the way, even before that and even though it's not listed under "My Extensions" it is still running, even after the Plesk update. So it's bit uncomfortable that there is an extension, running in the background where you have no control about anymore after the plesk update.

Cheers

Marcus

I had the same issue and found a solution:

ssh to your Server as root and do the following:

cd /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/modules
plesk bin extension -r magicspam

This re-registers the extension and after that it's again available under "My Extensions".

By the way, even before that and even though it's not listed under "My Extensions" it is still running, even after the Plesk update. So it's bit uncomfortable that there is an extension, running in the background where you have no control about anymore after the plesk update.

Cheers

Marcus

This worked for me, thank you!

Unfortunately it does not work for me. I get the following error:

PHP Warning: file_get_contents(/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/magicspam/meta.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Extension/Meta.php, Line: 54

Corrupted meta.xml file.

exit status 1

My config: Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #14 on CentOS Linux 7.5.1804

Is there a plan, if and when magicspam for plesk is available again?

Thanks
Oliver

Hi everyone,

MagicSpam extension was made available for those users who have already installed it. If you have experienced issues with accessing your installation of MagicSpam, this should not be a problem now.

Regarding the general availability of MagicSpam for all users: we're discussing this with MagicSpam at the moment. As soon as we have something substantial to share in this regard, we'll make an announcement. We hope to resolve this issue soon.

Unfortunately it does not work for me. I get the following error:

PHP Warning: file_get_contents(/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/magicspam/meta.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Extension/Meta.php, Line: 54

Corrupted meta.xml file.

exit status 1

My config: Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #14 on CentOS Linux 7.5.1804

Is there a plan, if and when magicspam for plesk is available again?

Thanks
Oliver

I got the same error but the extension appears in the Extension catalog again and the installation was fine.

but you can use this extension on Preview 17.9 version too

must be:

you can use this extension "ONLY" on Preview 17.9 and higher, there is no version for the current plesk versions.

Installing it on a lower version, that gives the error:

Error: Unable to install the extension:
Plesk 17.9.0 is the earliest version supported by the package.

We are not plesk beta testers, we only use stable plesk versions. Preview versions don't need spam add-on because they are not used in production and don't have working mailboxes.
Stable versions are used in production, they have working mailboxes, they need an anti-spam add-on.

regards
Jan

must be:

you can use this extension "ONLY" on Preview 17.9 and higher, there is no version for the current plesk versions.

Installing it on a lower version, that gives the error:

We are not plesk beta testers, we only use stable plesk versions. Preview versions don't need spam add-on because they are not used in production and don't have working mailboxes.
Stable versions are used in production, they have working mailboxes, they need an anti-spam add-on.

regards
Jan

Linulex is absolutely right, the extension should be available for Plesk users on 17.8. It doesn't make sense why all of a sudden the plugin was removed and only allowed to be used by existing users.

I hope the Plesk team and MagicSpam will come through and make this right.

Back