• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Magicspam extension missing in Extension catalog but installed

Hello Valued Customers,

MagicSpam Freemium, MagicSpam Standard, and MagicSpam PRO are available for Plesk through select Authorized Resellers.

Unfortunately, agreements with Plesk as an authorized Reseller have lapsed, and the situation is currently under discussion, and we hope to have an agreement in place again soon.

In the mean time, you can visit either one of our authorized resellers, or visit the MagicSpam website for more details.

Regards from the MagicSpam Team!

Last edited:
Hello Valued Customers,

MagicSpam Freemium, MagicSpam Standard, and MagicSpam PRO are available for Plesk through select Authorized Resellers.

Unfortunately, agreements with Plesk as an authorized Reseller have lapsed, and the situation is currently under discussion, and we hope to have an agreement in place again soon.

In the mean time, you can visit either one of our authorized resellers, or visit the MagicSpam website for more details.

Regards from the MagicSpam Team!

Bad news for Plesk !!!

Hi Rot,

i bought the license on the magicspam website. There I got a license key as well as the required data. Then in plesk via Extension -> My Extensions -> Upload Extensions uploaded the previously received from magicspam ftp file and entered the license key. Works without any problems so far (Plesk version 17.8.11 Update # 16).

Regards
Oli

The 1st I knew about it was when customers started complaining about spam levels!!! not exactly a great customer experience!!

Well can you give us an advice which Authorized Resellers offer the Freemium Version - I was until now not able to get one...

Please Plesk Team, in what state is this item? I have seen that the extension is for last not stable plesk version but not for the actual version... that is what all we need.

Thanks

The MagicSpam team is actively supporting and maintaining the Plesk extension. Unfortunately, at this moment, it is no longer directly available from Plesk (however, discussions are ongoing). The MagicSpam extension is available from select authorized resellers, or from the MagicSpam Website.

The MagicSpam team is actively supporting and maintaining the Plesk extension. Unfortunately, at this moment, it is no longer directly available from Plesk (however, discussions are ongoing). The MagicSpam extension is available from select authorized resellers, or from the MagicSpam Website.

alright thanks

As always Plesk dont know anything about their product... also following stupid way to get some more money. Whatever.
Add MagicSpam Free to your Plesk server follow this steps please.

1) Download MagicSpam from Plesk page MagicSpam Embedded Protection - Plesk Extensions (it says Plesk v17.9.0 and up... ya ya whatever)
2) Unzip it with WinRar or some other ZIP extractor.
3) Open meta.xml with text editor and find <plesk_min_version>17.9.0</plesk_min_version> line
4) Change it to <plesk_min_version>17.8.0</plesk_min_version> (or lower no different)
5) ZIP again
6) Upload file to your plesk server
7) Install it from SSH with this command: plesk bin extension --install /path/to/file.zip

Thats all. You are done.

Thank you.

As always Plesk dont know anything about their product... also following stupid way to get some more money. Whatever.
Add MagicSpam Free to your Plesk server follow this steps please.

1) Download MagicSpam from Plesk page MagicSpam Embedded Protection - Plesk Extensions (it says Plesk v17.9.0 and up... ya ya whatever)
2) Unzip it with WinRar or some other ZIP extractor.
3) Open meta.xml with text editor and find <plesk_min_version>17.9.0</plesk_min_version> line
4) Change it to <plesk_min_version>17.8.0</plesk_min_version> (or lower no different)
5) ZIP again
6) Upload file to your plesk server
7) Install it from SSH with this command: plesk bin extension --install /path/to/file.zip

Thats all. You are done.

Thank you.

That is nice

I would add:

6.1) use the panel.ini extension to add
```

[ext-catalog]
extensionUpload = true

````
How can i mark code in this forum? ```does not work :-D

nearly comming to a year of ..... nothing useful i will ask following Question :)
Any News about this?
Why and what and anything?

As it is not clear what happens with you Guys, it makes no good Light on either Plesk (@IgorG ) or @MagicSpam12 not knowing what is going on.
Security related? Money? Bugs?

This is bad for all loyalty Customers which build their Workflow / Servers with Components like MagicSpam.
Its a real helpful (and in some Cases) free Product which is needed.
I have a Sub btw over Plesk ....

So moreover while I am a paying user, i want to know what is going on! Simply "no available" anymore is not something i accept in real business.
We have to explain to our Resellers aswell.

Back