• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Deamon

Y

yoohosting

Hi all,

I have something strange on my server.

I receive in my admin email box all mail errors instead of receive them in the box who send the orginal email.

exemple..

[email protected] send an email to [email protected] and this email adresse doesnt existe.. so I receive the message from the mailer deamon and not the sender

what can be the setting I have to check for this?

Do you have any 'catchall' account settings setup on the domain?

I asked if it was setup, you say 'yes but it is not used'. If it is setup, then it is in use. I was not asking if your Plesk has the option, but if it is selected and has an email address in the field. If it does, then it is in use.

Use SSH and check the file:

/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/.qmail-default

It is a hidden file, so to see it you have to do a 'ls -al', see if it has something like:

&[email protected]

in it.

Also check the contents of:

/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/client/.qmail

(and)

/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/client/.forward

to see if your email address is referenced in either one.

for the concerning domain, the catchall email is not the one I use for the admin... That's why I said yes it is set (to an other email account)

I just saw that the original mail was sent from a php page, and the answer is sent to the admin... can be the problem?

What does the php script use as the original or reply-to email address? It is possible that it is the source of your problem.

this is the code of the page
$to="[email protected]";
$mail_from="[email protected]";
$mail_dest=$to;

$m= new Mail; // create the mail
$m->From($mail_from);
$m->To($mail_dest);
$m->Bcc($BCC); // array of email adress blind copy for newsletter suscribers
$m->Subject($titre);
$m->Body($mail_msg); // set the body
if (!empty($mail_attachment)) {
if (is_array($mail_attachment)) {
for ($i = 0; $i < count($mail_attachment); $i++) {
if (is_uploaded_file($mail_attachment[$i])) {
$m->Attach($mail_attachment[$i], $mail_attachment_name[$i], $mail_attachment_type[$i]);
}
}
} else {
if (is_uploaded_file($mail_attachment)) {
$m->Attach($mail_attachment, $mail_attachment_name, $mail_attachment_type);
}
}
}
$m->Send();

Back