• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail: mail forwarding

Spikerok

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Quick question, I have noticed that sometimes forwarded email goes to spam. After checking raw message I have spotted:
"google.com: domain of transitioning [email protected] does not designate xx.xxx.xxx.xxx as permitted sender"

I would like to make sure that forwarded email doesn't go into SPAM box.

At the moment I have latest Plesk, standard Setup on 1and1 server.
I have created an email account for a domain registered within Plesk and set up mail forwarding to forward email to my google email.

Thanks,
V

Hello V,

The process of not flagging your email as SPAM with either Gmail or Hotmail is NOT just obvious ...
It's long and sometimes it might seem like it's a try and test :)

There are articles on these forums describing on what needs to be done ...
SPF, DKeys, rDNS, Clean IP record and lots more ...

Google for a full detailed how to list ..

At the moment I have set up SPF record that covers: IPv4 and IPv6 for the domain. Additionally to that I have added domain name itself.

So, When you send emails out from actual domain I get positive result:
domain of [email protected] designates xx.xxx.xxx.xxx as permitted sender

However, when I send email from my hotmail to [email protected] ([email protected] has forwarding set up to forward emails to my google email) I have neutral result:
domain of transitioning [email protected] does not designate xx.xxx.xxx.xxx as permitted sender

Back