• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail not receiving in mx pointed to google account from plesk server?

Markei

New Pleskian
I currently have a Plesk VPS and for a couple of accounts I'm using google to serve the mail.

Whilst I can send emails from the gmail account, receiving mail is very tempermental; sometimes emails get through, others they are sent to the server's main 'default'/catchall email address.

After a bit of investigation, this seems to be the same when using the standard Plesk webmail and also Hotmail's services.

Any idea how I can rectify the problem?

Be sure that the mail service is turned off for the domain that the mx record is pointed to google, if the mail service in please is active and you send a mail from the local server it will route it per what is setup in please instead of following the mx record.

You should also check that your MX records are correctly configured.

You can do this manually using "dig" (see man dig and use an external dns server to see what the outside world sees) or you can use something like dnsreport.com

Back