• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Mail Test failed

Ankebut

Regular Pleskian
when i am Testing my Email Spam Test Result receive always error below and i dont know what can you do to fix the probelm, can any help please?

Reverse DNS lookup or reverse DNS resolution (rDNS) is the determination of a domain name that is associated with a given IP address.
Some companies such as AOL will reject any message sent from a server without rDNS, so you must ensure that you have one.
You cannot associate more than one domain name with a single IP address.

Your IP address 148.251.246.48 is associated with the domain mail.doitauto.de.
Nevertheless your message appears to be sent from industriemeister.io.

You may want to publish a pointer (PTR type) DNS record with a value of industriemeister.io or use mail.doitauto.de as hostname in your mail software

Here are the tested values for this check:
  • IP: 148.251.246.48
  • HELO: industriemeister.io
  • rDNS: mail.doitauto.de

Hi Ankebut,

Nevertheless your message appears to be sent from industriemeister.io.
Which is absolutely correct, if you setup:

=> Home > Tools & Settings > Mail Settings

=> Option: Outgoing mail mode

Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting

The suggestion:
You may want to publish a pointer (PTR type) DNS record with a value of industriemeister.io or use mail.doitauto.de as hostname in your mail software
... didn't check your actual DNS - entries, which are absolutely setup correctly with:
Code:
industriemeister.io. A 3600 148.251.246.48
and
Code:
industriemeister.io.    TXT    3600    "v=spf1 +a +mx +a:mail.doitauto.de -all"
( I would just add the TRUSTED IPs as ... i.e.: ip4:148.251.246.48 , as the reverse check of your IP only displays: mail.doitauto.de ;) )

Some companies such as AOL will reject any message sent from a server without rDNS, so you must ensure that you have one.
You cannot associate more than one domain name with a single IP address.
Such a statement is quite misleading, as it declares a misconfiguration in setup, which is NOT the case. ;)

All should be fine and even AOL will exept your eMails - just test it and reply with ( possible ) error messages from your mail.log and the corresponding header from your eMail. ;)

Hi Ankebut,

NO!. Sorry. You misconfigured the suggestion!

Correct would be:
Code:
v=spf1 +a +mx +a:mail.doitauto.de ip4:148.251.246.48 ~all

server settings.png
I also have the same problem, but the solution is a bit confusing. Could someone guide me on how to solve this issue

You need to open your Domain hoster customer panel and edit domain ip and reverseDNS for the IP 81.46.243.2.
Please ask your domain hoster support how to do this.

Back