• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail to [email protected] is not sending. domain.tld is on this Server but MX are not on this Server

Martin.H

Regular Pleskian
I want to send a mail (with ContactForm7, Wordpress) on domain.tld to [email protected] (to every other Mail its working!)
But somehow no mail will reach [email protected]

The MX from domain.tld are pointing to Google Mailserver (G-Suite).

I'm using

System: Linux (Debian 8.10)
Plesk: 17.5.3
Mailserver: Postfix
IMAP/SMTP: Dovecot
Webmail: RoundCube

What I already did:

Disabled Mailfunctions in Plesk
Disabled Mailservice for domain.tld (webmail, roundcube)
Changed MX also in Plesk to Google (G-Suite), in CloudFlare MX settings have always pointed to G-Suite

But nothing helped.

When you send an e-mail from <domain> to <domain> your local server is the most nearest peer for this and will probably not send the mail outbound. It will only try to deliver it locally. One possible solution for this issue is to create a local mailbox for the domain and let the local mail service deliver all web form mail to that mailbox. Then use the GMail mail pickup service (pop3 collector service) to collect mails from that mailbox into the GMail box.

Well, what I want is no Mailtraffic on my server.
Even in the DNS setting I told the server that the Mailserver for this Domain is Google, so my Server is not the nearest peer.
The Mail have to be sent like this: from <domain> to <mx:domain> (to the Server where the MX settings are pointing.

This is a serious problem for me because if you are hosting a site <domain.tld> and you want to have a businessmail [email protected] (which you have at G-Suite or whatever) and you want to provide your Visitors a contactform which sends to [email protected], this will never work!?

Of course you can send mail to a domain for which Plesk is only hosting a website. It will only disregard the MX-record if the mail service is turned on for that domain on Plesk.

The problem for sure is one of Gmail's many anti spamming features.There are so many reasons they wouldn't like your mail...

Look in /var/log/maillog to see if you get some hint....

Make at least sure you have:

An SPF for your domain
A PTR on your server IP containing no more than 2 embedded dots
That PTR resolves to that same IP
HELO corresponds with that PTR

Install swaks
This tool can help you troubleshoot any mail problem

Back