• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailbox Creation Error

Mike Legg

Basic Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE: Plesk 10.3.1, Windows 2008 Server R2 64Bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Try to create a mailbox via Plesk

ACTUAL RESULT: Error: Unable to update the mail account properties:mailmng failed: Loaded Postoffice Configuration Provider (MEAIPO.DLL) There are no domains for post office:domain.tld [domain.tld]

EXPECTED RESULT: mailbox should be created

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MailEnable Professional 5.51 is installed but the Plesk Server Components page still reports "MailEnable Standard 5.10".

A folder is created at D:\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Postoffices\domain.tld\MAILROOT\mailboxname, but it doesn't show up in MailEnable.

I've installed SmarterMail, but Plesk doesn't acknowledge that it's installed.

According to http://download1.parallels.net/Plesk/PP10/10.3.1/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/

To use another mail server software with your Panel (currently supported only on Windows hosting):

Check the list of supported mail servers in Parallels Plesk Panel Installation Guide. See if the mail server software you want to use is supported.
Install the software according to instructions provided in Parallels Plesk Panel Installation Guide, or use the instructions provided by the mail server manufacturer.
Click the Mail Server link.

The mail server you have installed should now be displayed in the list of available mail servers.
Select the mail server you need and click OK.

The Panel will start using the new mail server without any need for server restart. Note that you can always select another mail server at any time later.

But in reality there is NO Mail Server Link.

All Plesk ever shows is "MailEnable Standard 5.10" with no option to change it regardless of how many other mail servers I've installed.

Something is still creating a folder at D:\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Postoffices\domain.tld\MAILROOT\mailboxname.

But since uninstalling MailEnable Pro, MailEnable Standard Administrator won't open.

Interestingly, Smartermail isn't even listed as a Mail server at D:\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers - how can does Plesk decide what Mailservers to add here?

I think I've worked out why Plesk doesn't recognise any of the mailservers I've installed - it doesn't support the current versions.

For the life of me I can't understand why Parallels would build into their panel a link to download a mail server that they know won't work with their software.

The "Download Smartermail" link on the "Tools and Utilities" page takes you to the download page of the SmarterMail website where 6.9 is the oldest version you can download, but a check of the System Requirements (http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/requirements/) informs you that Plesk 10 only supports SmarterMail 6.8.

Last edited:
I found an old version of Mailenable Professional (4.26) which I've installed.

Plesk still doesn't allow me to select it.

Mail box creations still fails with the same error.

I've run out of ideas - can anyone suggest how we might get email to work with Plesk 10?

you can try mchk.exe --all --fix=all.
In case of fail you can investigate issue with MEAIPO.DLL. Try to copy in System32 Msvcp60.dll.

I know I'm a little late to this party, but...

1) to refresh the list of installed components you have to click the "Refresh" button at the top of the "Server Components" page (Tools & Settings, Server Management). This will re-detect all the installed components, enabling the links like "mail server".

2) you need to use Plesk to manage accounts. if you use MailEnable directly the accounts will not stay in sync and any changes you make from Plesk could cause problems later on.

Back