1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Mailbox Creation Error

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Mike Legg, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Mike Legg

Mike Legg Basic Pleskian

85%
    PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE: Plesk 10.3.1, Windows 2008 Server R2 64Bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Try to create a mailbox via Plesk

ACTUAL RESULT: Error: Unable to update the mail account properties:mailmng failed: Loaded Postoffice Configuration Provider (MEAIPO.DLL) There are no domains for post office:domain.tld [domain.tld]

EXPECTED RESULT: mailbox should be created

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MailEnable Professional 5.51 is installed but the Plesk Server Components page still reports "MailEnable Standard 5.10".

A folder is created at D:\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Postoffices\domain.tld\MAILROOT\mailboxname, but it doesn't show up in MailEnable.

2. Mike Legg

Mike Legg Basic Pleskian

85%
    I've Uninstalled MailEnable Professional 5.51 and still can't create mail boxes. (Same error)

3. Mike Legg

Mike Legg Basic Pleskian

85%
    I've installed SmarterMail, but Plesk doesn't acknowledge that it's installed.

According to http://download1.parallels.net/Plesk/PP10/10.3.1/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/

But in reality there is NO Mail Server Link.

All Plesk ever shows is "MailEnable Standard 5.10" with no option to change it regardless of how many other mail servers I've installed.

4. Mike Legg

Mike Legg Basic Pleskian

85%
    Something is still creating a folder at D:\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Postoffices\domain.tld\MAILROOT\mailboxname.

But since uninstalling MailEnable Pro, MailEnable Standard Administrator won't open.

Interestingly, Smartermail isn't even listed as a Mail server at D:\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers - how can does Plesk decide what Mailservers to add here?

5. Mike Legg

Mike Legg Basic Pleskian

85%
    I think I've worked out why Plesk doesn't recognise any of the mailservers I've installed - it doesn't support the current versions.

For the life of me I can't understand why Parallels would build into their panel a link to download a mail server that they know won't work with their software.

The "Download Smartermail" link on the "Tools and Utilities" page takes you to the download page of the SmarterMail website where 6.9 is the oldest version you can download, but a check of the System Requirements (http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk/requirements/) informs you that Plesk 10 only supports SmarterMail 6.8.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  6. Mike Legg

Mike Legg Basic Pleskian

85%
    I found an old version of Mailenable Professional (4.26) which I've installed.

Plesk still doesn't allow me to select it.

Mail box creations still fails with the same error.

I've run out of ideas - can anyone suggest how we might get email to work with Plesk 10?

7. SvetlanaS

SvetlanaS Regular Pleskian

30%
    you can try mchk.exe --all --fix=all.
    In case of fail you can investigate issue with MEAIPO.DLL. Try to copy in System32 Msvcp60.dll.

8. Mike Legg

Mike Legg Basic Pleskian

85%
    Eventually we got SmarterMail 7.6 to work

9. shall

shall Regular Pleskian

57%
    I know I'm a little late to this party, but...

1) to refresh the list of installed components you have to click the "Refresh" button at the top of the "Server Components" page (Tools & Settings, Server Management). This will re-detect all the installed components, enabling the links like "mail server".

2) you need to use Plesk to manage accounts. if you use MailEnable directly the accounts will not stay in sync and any changes you make from Plesk could cause problems later on.