• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mailbox modification disable

Aakhyan

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Microsoft Windows Server 2019
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.52 Update #3
Hi Team,

Is there any option to disable the Mailbox size from being changed by customer?

Let's say I have set a size of 2 Gb for the plan. Now due to some circumstances, the mailbox size for 2-3 mailboxes has to be increased. However, when doing this, the package has to be changed.

So I change the package and reset the other mail-ids size to 2 Gb. But they can still change it to the new size of lets say 5 Gb, because that is the default size as per the package.

Any possibilities?

Using SmarterMail.
I know, in SmarterMail I can perform it, but it gets the subscription suspended.

You can disable "mail settings" permissions in the plan altogether so that only the admin can change it for the subscriber. You can do it with "Ability to change mail settings" checkbox on the "Permissions" tab of a service plan. But it is not possible to disable only one function from the mail settings page while leaving the others accessible to your users. If you believe other users and you need such an ability, please create a feature request on Feature Suggestions: Top (1824 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk. Requests that get much attention are likely to become a feature in future Plesk versions.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for getting back to me.
But its not what I am looking for.

It just disables the mail settings i.e. enable/disable mail services, webmail, etc.

No option is there for disabling the Mailbox size change.

Are there any option in panel.ini to enforce this?

Back