• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Mailboxes not working after migration

Riset

New Pleskian
Hi all,

Since I could not use the Plesk Migration tool to migrate my Plesk 11.5 (centos 6) to my new Plesk 17.5.3 #5 (centos 7.2) I decided to make a backup of the subscription on the old server, and put them back on the new server.

Everything seemed well, websites are working good and all mailboxes where created. Except there is no new mail coming into the migrated mailboxes. All email send to the migrated mailboxes are stuck in the Mail Queue. I use postfix on both servers.

First ofcourse I restarted the mailservers and checked DNS settings, but that all seems okay. The strange thing is, I do receive email on newly created email addresses.

For example: I moved domain.com which already had an email address [email protected]. On the new server, i created [email protected]. Emails send to [email protected] are stuck in the Mail Queue, but email send to [email protected] are received perfectly.

I hope someone can help me with this issue since the DNS records are changed already and there are a little over 100 emails in the queue waiting already (I don`t know after how long time the mails are removed from the queue, can someone tell me?).

Thanks in advance for all replies!

Some suggestions:

You could try # plesk repair mail
If it does not work afterwards, compare wether the new host uses the same mail server as the old one, it could be an issue with with the mail server that is processing mails.
If that is not the cause, check your settings for greylisting incoming mails.

I did the plesk repair mail. Although it says Error messages: 0; Warning: 0; Errors resolved: 0, it seems to work:) The mail queue is slowly delivered in the mailboxes. Thanks for your fast repsonse!

Is it also possible to speed up the queue for delivery?

Back