• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailing lists work at lists.Domain1.com, but not on lists.Domain2.com

DanijelD

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I have 2 domains on a CentOS Linux server running Plesk 11.0.9.

Domain1.com has several mailing lists, and they work OK visible at http://lists.Domain1.com/mailman/listinfo.

I just created a mailing list for Damain2.com. The list is created OK, but I can't acces it over the web http://lists.Domain2.com/mailman/admin/mylist1

Browser reports "Firefox can't find the server at lists.domain2.com."

What can I do to fix this? I need to edit the lists preferences.

Hi Dani,
Have you confirmed the existence of the DNS A records for lists.domain2? ie can lists.domain2 resolve to your mailing list server.

I did try to look fot that in the Plesk DNS panel, but I found no records.
I found no records for Domain1. (But it works!)
I found no records for Domain2. (Doesn't work.)

:-(

How does this record look like? I'd like to add it.

The DNS records must be created from where your Nameservers are pointing. Ie, if your nameservers are resolving to your Plesk server, then plesk it's but otherwise, if not then you will need to know where you host the DNS records from ..

Since you said Domain1 doesn't have DNS records in plesk, then chances are so slim that your Plesk server is the one resolving your DNS records.

Hmm. I always thought Plesk does it.
I mean the domain was created via Plesk, most things are done via Plesk.

That's iff the nameservers of the domain name are being resolved by Plesk. You can always confirm by determing the nameservers IP address and see if both IPs belong to your plesk server.

If you PM the domain name + the IP address of your plesk server I can confirm it for you + the existence of the respective A records.

Fixed it: like you advised, I added A record for "lists.domain2.com" and it works now. Thanks so much.

p.s.
I am just confused how does it work for domain1 when I see no A record for "lists.domain1.com". :-(

Am glad it worked for you!
About the confusion, possibly both domains don't use the same name-servers ..do they?

No, none has "*" A record.
Domain1 has several exactly the same A records, when I click one of those it says:

Record type: A
Damain name: 1.domain1.com
IP address: 111.111.11.11 (real ip instad of all 1s)

Yes, something is really wrong, and I have no time to investigate. It works... But it will surely come back to me in a most unexpected moment. :-(

Back