• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailman frontend problems - 7.5.4

PSi_101

Regular Pleskian
Ever since upgrading to 7.5.4 from 7.5.3, the "Set Up Mailman" icon on the server administration pages is lit again. When I click it and setup a email address and password, I get the error:

Unable to execute listmng utility: listmng: Error: cannot create new list: is Mailman configured properly?

I think for starters, the icon shouldn't even be clickable and should be greyed out as per normal after mailman is setup. Mailman was working fine in 7.5.3
If I try to manipulate the lists through plesk from the domain, Plesk tells me that mailman is not setup properly and to go through the server admin pages to do so.
All the files are there, all the lists are there in /var/lib/mailman, and I can access the administrative mailman pages from the browser, just not from Plesk. I think the whole problem is Plesk's idea of the status of mailman.
I do remember a bug relating to Debian mailman and Plesk which sw-soft sent me a replacement "listmng" for. Perhaps that could have something to do with it.
I'm running on a Debian system.

Yes I have emailed Support about this issue but they want me to fax them a form to access my server. I wouldn't mind except i'm on the road and don't have access to a fax machine, nor a printer.

Thus my question if anyone else is seeing with this problem with their Debian system on upgrading to 7.5.4?

Been doing more poking around.
It seems that Plesk looks in /usr/lib/mailman/lists to see if the "mailman" list exists. But mailman actually uses /var/lib/mailman/lists to store the "mailman" list. Since Plesk is looking in the wrong place, it always thinks that Mailman isn't setup properly.
I tried copying the "mailman" directory to /usr/lib/mailman/lists and viola. Plesk recognises that Mailman has been setup and I can access my mailing lists through Plesk.

I've reported this bug to Plesk.
It seems that the devs are always using the wrong directory :)

For the meantime, i'm going to use a workaround by creating the symlink /usr/lib/mailman/lists from /var/lib/mailman/lists.
Seems to be working so far.
Fingers crossed.

Back