• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Manual FTP

J

Jhnoo

Guest
Hello,

I want to create ftp accounts on my server for non webserver directories.

Would i be able to accomplish this by editing a ftp config file?, If so where abouts are the ftp config files?

Any help would be great.


Thanks.
 
When you ask such questions - I really think - it would help a lot if you:

1) post info about what Plesk version you are using
2) and more important: info about your os!

And I don't think - if I understand your question correct - your wish can be done with Plesk - you need to use the methods provided by your OS to create user accounts on the system.

Hint: man adduser
 
Back
Top