• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Manually restore email files

arahman mahmoud

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57 Update #5
Hello,
I've a Cpanel account with 11 GB emails files,
My Question is, Can i restore email files Manually from cpanel backup to email Directory via Plask FTP or File Manager,?
Thanks

You cannot easily extract individual mailboxes from a cPanel backup and successfully "import" these into any existing mail service structure. This is not a Plesk issue. It is related to the way mail and IMAP services store emails and index them.

It is thinkable to extract the data from a cPanel backup (how that is done is explained in the cPanel documentation, e.g. https://support.cpanel.net/hc/en-us...les-from-a-cPanel-backup-with-the-tar-utility), and it is possible to upload mail files into existing mailbox structures, but then you'd still have a lot of work with re-indexing mailboxes, e.g. with Dovecot commands (see the "Importing mails from filesystem" section of Importing mailboxes — Dovecot documentation for details).

It would be much easier to restore the mailbox to the existing panel, then use the free Website Import extension in Plesk to get the free Mail Import tool and simply transfer the mailbox contents from the old mailbox into the new one.

Back