• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Massive price increase for reseller licenses?

So, we have decided to switch back to cPanel. It was nice experience with Plesk panel, but we are not willing to pay for each simple "add-ons", tools etc. which are normaly free and included in cPanel. Also such things/add-ons like 'Juggernaut Security and Firewall' (what is simply a 'clone' of free CSF) with Plesk GUI here for $8/p.m. and JUST for 10 domains is really not acceptable.

Bye bye Plesk, god bless you.

Just got an email from my Hosting Provider. He will double the prices effective 1.1.18. This is ridiculous and we also will look for alternatives. I really can only hope that you loose so many customers that the price increase is ineffective and forced to think again about how you Play with your customers. And Yeh, your Support might be Good, but i Never used it. But when it comes to bugfixing, e.g. Health Monitor in Web Admin Edition you Take several years. This is inacceptable.

So, we have decided to switch back to cPanel. It was nice experience with Plesk panel, but we are not willing to pay for each simple "add-ons", tools etc. which are normaly free and included in cPanel. Also such things/add-ons like 'Juggernaut Security and Firewall' (what is simply a 'clone' of free CSF) with Plesk GUI here for $8/p.m. and JUST for 10 domains is really not acceptable.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about this, @indy0077 . Can you tell me more specifically what things are included in cPanel for free that you have to buy for Plesk? In any case, if you ever change your mind, let us know what we can fix -- it would be good to have you back.

I also want to clarify one thing: the Juggernaut Security and Firewall extension mentioned by @indy0077 is a third-party product not offered by us, and we have no control over its pricing. You can contact @danami, the author of this extension, with your feedback, he's active on our forum.

we have been using Plesk since plesk 7 since 2004 i guess.
it is also in use on four of our clients, that we manage.
I am NOT going to pay double the price to renew ours or any of of our clients.

you have actually thought you will double your income, from me it is a big fat ZERO!

thanks for screwing up all your loyal customers... (this was sarcasm , in case you miss the point, like you have on all the above posts)

We hope that our customers are loyal to our product and for years use it not because it has a low price, but because we provide a really high-quality and reliable product, a product that is the market leader.
The fact that people use Plesk for decades, proves Plesk highest quality once again. Since the release of Onyx, we have made tremendous improvements in the quality and functionality of Plesk. This made it really a premium product. Significantly improved technical support, the one that caused the most criticism previously. The process of improving our product is continuous and requires more and more resources. The development of a premium product requires appropriate costs and therefore we hope for understanding from our loyal customers.
I think that even in the preview version of the new Onyx, you can already see how much new great features have been implemented and improved.
I really want to believe that it's not just a matter of price.
Thank you for understanding.

We hope that our customers are loyal to our product and for years use it not because it has a low price, but because we provide a really high-quality and reliable product, a product that is the market leader.
The fact that people use Plesk for decades, proves Plesk highest quality once again. Since the release of Onyx, we have made tremendous improvements in the quality and functionality of Plesk. This made it really a premium product. Significantly improved technical support, the one that caused the most criticism previously. The process of improving our product is continuous and requires more and more resources. The development of a premium product requires appropriate costs and therefore we hope for understanding from our loyal customers.
I think that even in the preview version of the new Onyx, you can already see how much new great features have been implemented and improved.

Plesk is a great product, BUT PRICE IS ALSO AN REASON FOR EACH PRODUCT!!! Plesk is not the only product possible for hoster... There is another one that name CPANEL that do the similar function, so yes PLESK is a great product, but NO!, this not justify paid 270% more for this....

@IgorG, price is ALWAYS an parameter to choose an product, do you believe that someone prefer an Renault car over an Mercedes car? Probably no, but it's probably that a lot of people prefer an Renault car about 20000€ than an Mercedes car about 40000€, firstly because they can paid it, and next, because what offer this car for 20000€ is better than mercedes for 40000€, now if this car go from 20000 to 50000€, do you believe people will still buy it?

Hope you understand this example!

I only hope for plesk team, that they have really calculate the impact of this increase for resellers, when price hosting are always go down for customer... In one moment, if other panel still with us actual price, plesk will not be an alternative as it will be too expentive

Reactions: B_P
I only hope for plesk team, that they have really calculate the impact of this increase for resellers, when price hosting are always go down for customer... In one moment, if other panel still with us actual price, plesk will not be an alternative as it will be too expentive
Believe me, we are not the first and not the only ones on the market who raise the price. Our business analysts and financiers very meticulously calculated all the risks and possible problems. I can assure you that the analysis of sales for the time elapsed since the price increase demonstrates that all our calculations were accurate.

No Product can be Good enough to justify at least Price doubling up to tripling. No. You hadn't had to change Price until now and now you are doubling to tripling it? I could understand a 50% increase but this? No justification at all. There is exactly no reason for this. I cancelled all of my licenses and told everyone i know to do so, too. Even most German hosters find the change ridiculous and recommend cancellation of the Product. Look through the boards. So many Webmasters are cancelling as for them the Massively increased prices are absoluteley unjustified. Especially that in some cases your licenses are now more pricey then the vServer theyre Running it on. Ridiculous. No understanding at all from me. Screw someone Else.

Your Price increases had no impact in germany until now at all. Prices can't be raised for consumers without Advance Notice. Which had happened this month. Price increase takes Effect December or January. Then the cancellations will come into Effect.

@IgorG

NO WE DONT UNDERSTAND.

we dont understand how come your product has "have made tremendous improvements" twice what it had before to justify almost 3 times the price (in fact %170 increase)

we dont understand how you can support us twice more then before.

But i am sure you will UNDERSTAND when your revenues are down due to your greed

Believe me, we are not the first and not the only ones on the market who raise the price. Our business analysts and financiers very meticulously calculated all the risks and possible problems. I can assure you that the analysis of sales for the time elapsed since the price increase demonstrates that all our calculations were accurate.

Not the first to increase price, OK, first to increase price of 270%??? SURELY! Plesk team seem not understand why so much people don't understand this barbatity increase....

Not the first to increase price, OK, first to increase price of 270%??? SURELY! Plesk team seem not understand why so much people don't understand this barbatity increase....

the only way to they will understand when the revenue drops. when we all replace plesk with something else.

Could you please describe in detail how you got this value - 270%?
See first post :

>My current price for a WebPro VPS license: 4.99 € / month
>New price for a WebPro license (VPS version has been discontinued): 13.50 € / month.
>Thats a "small" increase of 270%.

Sorry, I understand that calculating percentage is not always easy. To be honest 13,50€ is more than doubling the price it's true. But speaking of percentage, it´s 170%, not 270%

Sorry, I understand that calculating percentage is not always easy. To be honest 13,50€ is more than doubling the price it's true. But speaking of percentage, it´s 170%, not 270%

And you see correct to increase an price about "only" 170%? seriously?

I was a Plesk user. so now I want to give up it and want to use free control panel. I was paying 10usd for VPS and 6 USD for Plesk so I can't pay 10usd for Plesk only. now I will save more thanks Plesk for saving more 6usd per month.

What exactly makes you think Plesk is high-quality and reliable? We constantly have to deal with bugs and migration issues. Also Plesk a resource hog and slow. Mostly we liked the interface and the support. But besides that... Fixing bugs and adding features is very slow. After I reported a bug your support told me that it will be fixed in around 6 months. This is ridiculous.
It looks like Plesk team live in a dream world where they believe their product is very unique. Which isn't the case. After I tried to reason with them about the price they tried to convince me that their product is so unique that my customers will benefit from it. What is the point in this affirmation when big companies which can afford better prices offer the exact same product?
Regarding the differences between Onyx and previous versions, not sure exactly what the improvements are. Once again, we encountered a couple of bugs which make our customers not very happy.

Back