• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Massive price increase for reseller licenses?

sorry... just read this "
Why are the prices for VPS and Dedicated servers the same for WebPro and WebAdmin editions?
To simplify pricing according to most common use cases and similar setups. In reality, there is no significant difference between what you can do with Plesk on a virtual machine and a dedicated server with WebPro and WebAdmin."

wow.. just wow.. I cant see how we can justify plesk on smaller VPS instances.. nor do I understand the economics behind it.. is it too much effort for you to cash the small amount of licence fees? Surely 1000s of smaller fees is better than none.. As there is no way to justify using plesk on a small instance at the cost of the full licence.

Reactions: B_P
We now pay over 5k a month because of these stupid new license fee's. Which is totally unacceptable.

So far we have already migrated almost 80 servers (equals 80 plesk licenses) now and more will follow.
For our own servers we will create several super servers which all hostingaccounts are moved to. This will also reduce our active Plesk licenses with 30 - 40 (kinda depends).

The only good thing about these ridiculous price increase is that we are forced to look at alternatives, something which we never thought about before.

By the way I just compared our company's invoice between October and November. Some people talk about a price increase of 300%...
...however I see (in black and white) that the highest increase (for us at least) is 875% (no joke). This is really unacceptable.

I will gladly make a copy of both invoices and put them online for everyone to see. I doubt Plesk wants this. But I got proof for this that Plesk is telling nonsense with their previous statements. We have been a partner for over more than a decade. And this is the treatment you receive for being a loyal partner.

Anyways, because of this (this is not a normal way for company to increase their prices, it's absurd) we are already looking into several alternatives (as mentioned in my previous post).

If someone wants proof I will scan the official invoices and gladly share them here / online. So you can see for yourself that the biggest price change, for us, is an amazing 875%. Unlike Plesk, we cannot force our customers to pay an increase of 875%, let alone that it's not rational, but Plesk doesn't seem to be interested in being rational at all.

By the way I just compared our company's invoice between October and November. Some people talk about a price increase of 300%...
...however I see (in black and white) that the highest increase (for us at least) is 875% (no joke). This is really unacceptable.

I will gladly make a copy of both invoices and put them online for everyone to see. I doubt Plesk wants this. But I got proof for this that Plesk is telling nonsense with their previous statements. We have been a partner for over more than a decade. And this is the treatment you receive for being a loyal partner.

Anyways, because of this (this is not a normal way for company to increase their prices, it's absurd) we are already looking into several alternatives (as mentioned in my previous post).

If someone wants proof I will scan the official invoices and gladly share them here / online. So you can see for yourself that the biggest price change, for us, is an amazing 875%. Unlike Plesk, we cannot force our customers to pay an increase of 875%, let alone that it's not rational, but Plesk doesn't seem to be interested in being rational at all.

Well, that would be a proof worth publishing!

Here you go, our old and new invoices...

I really think it's time to ditch Plesk completely after getting this treatment after being more than a decade a reliable partner.

Attachments

• plesk_new_pricing.jpg
    plesk_new_pricing.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 63
  • plesk_old_pricing.jpg
    plesk_old_pricing.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 56
I just want to also state my great disappointment in this. Doubling the price was a very poor business move, and the fact that now cPanel when purchased from most resellers is cheaper than Plesk 30 domain edition I think many people will move away from Plesk to either cPanel or open source panels. Plesk support is also terrible compared to cPanel. Really in my experience there is no real Plesk support. I hope now if they can keep their customers they will at least offer much better support.

Hi B_P,
to show our commitment and support to our customers who have been supporting Plesk since the beginning, renewals will happen at the old price for all customers who have purchased a Plesk license from the Plesk online store. The new pricing will make everyone more competitive in the market with no unfair advantages. Single license customers have the very same ( possible ) benefits as partners/resellers, when they purchase licenses over the Plesk online store.
I have had an email this morning that suggests this is NOT the case. Can you confirm our existing prices will be honoured?

Well its true this price increase is really unacceptable.

We were lucky and paid 1 year ahead, so we are still on the old price. But at the end of contract we have to pay more for plesk then for the server.

Thats really not ok. Its an increase over 30% in total cost for us. We cant waste as much !
Its not even a genius move. Im pretty sure you gonna loose many of your costumers and your panel gonna die. And a dead panel wont be as profitable then a popular panel with many costumers even if theypay less.

I have had an email this morning that suggests this is NOT the case. Can you confirm our existing prices will be honoured?

Same here: bought on-line, paying monthly via Cleverbridge:
Dear Valued Customer,

Starting March 2018, Plesk will be adjusting the price of the product(s) you are currently subscribed to:

Name of product: Plesk 12.5 - Web Pro Edition
New price: EUR 12
Effective date: April, 15th 2018

These price adjustments are a result of the new features which have been introduced to the product, and/or the discontinuation of old license plans. More information on the price adjustments can be found on Plesk's website.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding Plesk products, features or license plans, please contact Plesk here. For billing related enquiries, please reply to this email, or contact cleverbridge here.

We appreciate your continuous support, and we hope to keep on providing you with excellent products and customer service.

Thank you,

cleverbridge Team

Old price for my WebPro license was EUR 9. That's a 33% increase. Unacceptable. Looking for FOSS alternatives.

I must add that I was mislead by that @UFHH01 statement: I was sure my subscription would had stayed at the same level as before. Had I knew about this increase I would had taken action much earlier!

They increased my price. I upgraded to the last version so I could take advantage of nginx caching. Now my server is broken as the nginx configuration says no_cache error. Plesk doesn't know what happens and they are investigating.

Last month I lost a customer because he wanted to do a full backup and was greeted with an error, it was a bug in Plesk but customer decided to just migrate to another service. Now half my customers are down because I just decided to upgrade from Plesk 17.5 to Plesk 17.8. They implemented a new featured that effectively breaks old installations. This is great. I lose customers, the product keeps breaking and I have to spend more on the license.

If anyone knows an alternative, be me guest and post it.

This isn't serious, is it?

I just got notified my package is moving to the new pricing, even though a few months ago I talked with support who said they are renewing at the same price, along with posts here confirming the same:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/o1ROX"><a href="//imgur.com/o1ROX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Imgur

If this is actually getting increased for us, it's absolutely ridiculous. I understand price increases, but more than double?!?! You kidding me? I don't know who approved that but it'll turn out bad in the end for them. I can't afford to keep my licenses. I don't live in the US, I live in Canada, so with 3 licenses, it's going from 150USD per year to 330 USD, or $193 to $425 CAD per year. What the actual heck. This is terrible and a very poor decision.

On a positive note, if Plesk's plan is to have fewer customers, it's working!

This isn't serious, is it?

I just got notified my package is moving to the new pricing, even though a few months ago I talked with support who said they are renewing at the same price, along with posts here confirming the same:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/o1ROX"><a href="//imgur.com/o1ROX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Imgur

If this is actually getting increased for us, it's absolutely ridiculous. I understand price increases, but more than double?!?! You kidding me? I don't know who approved that but it'll turn out bad in the end for them. I can't afford to keep my licenses. I don't live in the US, I live in Canada, so with 3 licenses, it's going from 150USD per year to 330 USD, or $193 to $425 CAD per year. What the actual heck. This is terrible and a very poor decision.

On a positive note, if Plesk's plan is to have fewer customers, it's working!

I fully agree upon "On a positive note, if Plesk's plan is to have fewer customers, it's working!"
Also Navind from Plesk is totally useless providing false details and information every single time.

Plesk is really, REALLY going downhill fast. They simply do not care anymore about their partners at all.
I expect Plesk to be gone within 3 to 5 years (max) if they keep this up.

We are really fed up with Plesk now, not only because the massive price increase (for us it's 875%) and not providing the discounts as advertised. We are now going to move every single server to DirectAdmin. Enough is enough. I can only hope others will follow, before it's too late.

The funniest thing they talked about "keeping good support". No single answer in this forum on my problem.
Now i had to buy a "server support assistence" 10€ at month to be able to open a ticket, after already paying a monthly fee (first ever support where i have to pay to open a ticket).

The first person wich answered my ticket just linked me useless links and so on took me 2-3 weeks and more then 10 answers to tell me that a part of my problem is currently a bug in Plesk, and they gonna "fix it as soon as possible". The problem is already issued 5 months ago or even longer.
And all your mails can probably end up in spam because of this bug. I won't even know wich impact this bug can have on big companys (big online shops).

Edit: It's almost impossible to run an own mail server over plesk if you don't configure everything at yourself.

Last edited:
Could you tell me ticket ID?
I can tell you my forum Thread wich is still unsolved and unanswered.

The exactly bug i mentioned is that sending from mail() dkim isnt applied. Eather i still have other problems that my mails don't go trough spamfilter for example the strange smtp.helo=[192.168.1.31] and wrong sasl_username wich get applied in my headers.

Last edited:
Have plesk licenses gone up again?! I just got an e-mail telling me my Web Admin edition license has been "updated" - on closer look this means it has doubled in price and I wasn't notified about this.

Back