• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Massive price increase for reseller licenses?

Oh my. Aren't you a bad person. A new email to Plesk it seems about you. Apparently you didn't get warned enough?

Anyways. Full of poison? LMAO... The only poisonous here, or in the world, is the war in the Ukraine you (or your leader) started. Now that IS poisonous. Don't reflect your issues onto a paying Plesk partner. Really.

But, I am just telling the truth. Or do you say that I am lying? Isn't Plesk increasing their pricing every year? Isn't the price increase page not a simple copy and paste of previous year? I am just confirming what I read and suspect and there is no lies about that obviously. But I understand you have to tell people something else, as you're being paid by Plesk ofcourse. You don't bite the had which feeds you. I can understand that and I feel for you. ;-)

Anyways. As always. Screenshot and copy of the text.
Write your slander. I haven't worked at Plesk for a long time

@HHawk, thank you again for all your comments. However, I'd like to remind you that I kindly asked you questions on your pains in a private message and you denied entering the conversation. Plesk is very much interested in your opinion. However, I would also like to ask you to not get into any political discussion here, insulting anyone. Let's continue a respectful conversation.

Last edited:
Thank you for keeping it civil. Highly appreciated. Now we can get back to what's this topic about. The price increase every year with Plesk. It's the truth! No need to hide it.

Also I. The PM I stated I didn't want to enter the discussion about the things in which Plesk fails... Simply because the price was increased again. I don't feel talking about those things, as I am trying to keep our remaining amount of Plesk customers happy because of these increases, while nothing really improves. Only gimmicks. Thank you for understanding that ofcourse.

It hits a nerve, and we all understand that. My bank just sent me a letter saying they'll put my monthly account price up by the factor 2.3 starting December. And I am sure I am no burden for them. We're not even talking percentages there any longer, we're talking factors. 230% price increase for running the bank account at just some average commercial bank in Germany. Incredible. And they haven't really done anything to improve their service quality. Instead they even limited the ability to print statements to once a month, limited capabilities for SEPA direct debits etc. It's just insane what's going on in the financial industry and one can surely ask where this will all lead to.

Regarding Plesk, it won't help to only complain. But if you have wishes or specific suggestions for product improvements, they are all read and considered.

It hits a nerve, and we all understand that. My bank just sent me a letter saying they'll put my monthly account price up by the factor 2.3 starting December. And I am sure I am no burden for them. We're not even talking percentages there any longer, we're talking factors. 230% price increase for running the bank account at just some average commercial bank in Germany. Incredible. And they haven't really done anything to improve their service quality. Instead they even limited the ability to print statements to once a month, limited capabilities for SEPA direct debits etc. It's just insane what's going on in the financial industry and one can surely ask where this will all lead to.

Regarding Plesk, it won't help to only complain. But if you have wishes or specific suggestions for product improvements, they are all read and considered.
Well, we cannot deny the facts: Even before the last two years in which we experienced price increases with almost any product, Plesk had turned to a greedy policy of rather existentially increasing prices, similar to cPanel (where prices have more than tripled in the last years?).
So one thing that one might actually ask if what WebPros is doing is a misuse of their quasi-monopoly on web hosting control panels. Not sure what the exact definition of abusive practices (Bundeskartellamt - Abuse control) is, but this could be worth investigating.
If this was determined, one could enforce to go back to cheaper prices (my wish would be to even force WebPros to sell either Plesk or cPanel to someone else).

Regarding suggestions for product improvements, I can only chime in: ANY development made from today on should contribute to the core product that we already pay for AND NOT towards add-ons that require additional payments.

Our Plesk partner did just send us the information about the new prices starting from 01/2024 onwards. For us the license costs will increase between 11 and 13% (last year between 12 and 22%). So at least the increase is slowing down. In the last months we did experience much worser price increasements of other companies from the IT-sector - between 30 and 150%. Seeing the high inflation rates in many countries plus the manpower shortage problems of the IT-sector the current price adjustments are more than justified.

Yeah it's absurd. All thanks to Oakley Capital Investment Group. All their products under Webpros have gotten an increase in pricing, not just Plesk. SolusVM, WHMCS, cPanel, etc. etc. etc. Greedy people. I remeber the day Plesk was competitive with their pricing (5 or 6 years ago). That was a good time to be a customer with Plesk. Nowdays, not so much.

We have informed our customers in advance about this new price hike by Plesk (like every year). We already got 12 cancellations for the new year. Thanks Plesk! Customers do not like this. One of the main complaints was, why pay for all this extra rubbish? Plesk is getting worse instead of better; useful stuff is getting removed or replaced by puur en utter garbage (e.g. Dynamic Lists). More junk is added with every update. Plesk is becoming bloatware.

Also it's very annoying that Plesk is getting more and more stuff inside for which you have to pay for. Customers ask, why are we paying for Plesk, when there is a ton of stuff you have to purchase within Plesk? Talking about greed. In my humble opinion Plesk is becoming Shareware or even Adware (remember the 90's). Ugh... The majority of our customers (hosting and server owners) do not even use these extra things. They just want a control panel which does simple things, they do not need/want gimmicks. Again; bloatware. It really sickens me.

Anyways, there is something positive from the price increase. From the 12 cancellations (I have mentioned above), 10 of them went over to a different control panel. This means we pay less, therefor the customer pays less and atop of that we make a better percentage as well. Everybody happy. I am suspecting more customers will follow this path (or cancel everything completely).

The hosting business is becoming a pain. General prices are going through the roof (food, gasoline, etc.) and Plesk (or better said Oakley Capital Investment Group and their Webpros) only adds another nail in the coffin. I cover some costs with no deposit bonus netherlands and their expert tested free cash offers. But how much can increase? The realy worst thing is, is that our customers think we increase the prices to make profit. Which is not even true. Heck, we have sold Plesk licenses at a loss, simply because we cannot justify the price increase enforced by Plesk to our customers.

And Plesk is a cheat anyways; often you can see high discounts on their websites in terms of their licenses. We have received complaints from our customers that the (special) discounts on their Plesk website (plesk.com) were lower/better than our pricing. How can you compete with that? Or what do you tell your customer? Plesk is really, really "abusing" their partners in this (and I am keeping it civil, otherwise my post will suddenly disappear; though I make copies and screenshots).

Support is also taking a spin for the worse; the other day I created a support ticket and asked some stuff about Plesk and MySQL/MariaDB. Their answer? Well we are Plesk Technical Support and we can only give support on Plesk and it's working. You are better off visiting the MariaDB forum and ask your question there. Pffft... For what are we paying the absurd high fee's for? Don't you advertise everywhere that the price (inclusing yearly increases) is to make Plesk better? Better support? Yeah right. One big joke. The only real reason for Plesk to increase prices, is to make a bigger profit...

Oh well... Let's wait till the end of 2024 when the next (big) price increase will be announced (here is the future link for it already, bookmark it).

Sure, yeah, lower prices would be nice. But let's be realistic here, I haven't seen anything get cheaper over the past few years. It either stays the same or goes up. And hardly anyone would refuse to earn more if they're providing a quality product.

Not true.
There are still good people out there.

Softaculous hasn't increased their prices and their Webuzo control panel is an excellent alternative. I've already built a service based on Webuzo and plan on moving more servers to this. Cheaper license, more streamlined control panel, less clutter, faster.

Ah completely forgot about this thread. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention. :)

Sure there are enough out there. We are using several of them. Especially for (server) customers who do not want to pay a massive amount for Plesk licensing or an increase every year (for the past 5 years or so).

Anyways, we are currently working with a Polish development team for our own interface. Firt beta was good and a few bugs. Hope to have a RC online in 3 or 4 weeks. We currently have still almost 300 Plesk licenses active. But as soon as the development is finished and we and our customers who have tested it are happy... We will be moving over. Will take quite some time. So Plesk isn't rid of me as of yet or for this year... :cool:

And certainly costs us a decent sum for the development. However that will be peanuts compared to wat we pay monthly/annually. And the best part? Support for what customers find important. Magento easy installations (latest version), Litespeed, Varnish, etc. just to name a few. And the interface works very speedy.

And no... Unfortunately we are not going to sell licenses like Plesk; we will keep this solution in-house.

Thought I would add a new "great" experience with Plesk to this thread...

Plesk is increasing their pricing every single year now (and in the future, next price is increase is already in the making). The reason for this is needed to improve Plesk and fix bugs and security issues. Yeah right...

I reported a serious issue with ploop storage in Watchdog on 25th of May 2022. This was recorded with the ID PPP-57361. I noticed the same issue again earlier this week and decided to check for an update. We should expect, after 8 months, that this would be solved, right? Especially after the new price increase in the meantime (for improving Plesk). Well you are dead wrong.

This was the reply I got: After discussion with R&D team priority for this bug was increased, but at the moment there is no ETA for the bug fix.

So probably it will need two or three more price increases before this is getting resolved. Probably the Plesk development team has also been cut as it appears to be a one-man show nowadays. All thanks to the Oakley Capital Investment Group (Webpros). Sidenote; did you know that this investment company also funds and supports companies in Russia? I was really shocked. You can look up the details on their website (it requires some digging, but you will find it).

So in general; we are paying for Plesk more and more every single year. But in general Plesk is not improving; performance is not so good anymore (competition is faster nowadays), bugs aren't taken seriously anymore and not being fixed, no useful stuff is being added anymore (e.g. Varnish, updated Magento 2.x, etc.) and so on. I really cannot justify these price increases anymore (was already hard); not for ourselves, but also not for our (server) customers. Especially considering how the world is now financially. Prices are going through the roof (not to mention electricity overhere). And Plesk decides to increase their pricing again (like every year now) as they simply do not care about their customers/partners. And to top it off; they offer several high discounts to customers who order directly through their own website. Really... We cannot compete with that. These are already harsh times.

I re-checked our Plesk licenses and wow... In the past 6 years we went down by 70% of our Plesk licenses because of all the price increases (mainly). Ofcourse we also had a few customers who stopped completely ofcourse. But still. Luckily a majority of these Plesk customers could be pursuaded to use (a much, much) cheaper competitor interface (I shall not mention names anymore, because they do not like that here). And guess what? They are happy with how things works with the other interface. And this at 1/3 of a Plesk license (yes unlimited domains)! And Wordpress works as good and fast (if not better) as on Plesk.

I think it will not take long before Plesk (as with the rest owned by Oakley Capital Investment Group (under the Webpros portofolio) will be dead. WHMCS is heading that already pretty fast. Their new pricing killed off a lot of customers (really a lot). Just check their forum; it's pretty much dead. A lot of people who made the community great left because of the wrong direction WHMCS took. They will not recover. It will be a matter of time before WHMCS is out of business. The same will happen with all other products which are acquired by Oakley Capital Investment Group. Mark my words...

This simply cannot keep going on this way...

Taking screenshot of my post in case this gets deleted or similar.

@HHawk

I just saw your post as a notification in my email box.

I can only be honest in response to your (and other) posts in this thread.

Naturally, most people recognize the matter at hand and/or recognize the issues that you might encounter.

However, that does not mean that everything is automatically a fact.

You did an excellent job to provide some - valuable - facts that essentially are concerning the hosting environment and ownership structures.

You did provide an excellent example concerning WHMCS.

Nevertheless, facts (or even alleged facts) are all intertwined by a cause-consequence relation.

It is easy to forget about the cause-consequence relation.

If you would ask me to be brutally honest and objective, then I could say that Plesk has become a "less-value-more-money" solution.

Yes, emphasis on "could".

Yes, if I would say that, then I would fully agree with you.

To some extent I do agree with you.

However, for me it is a "less-value-more-money" solution (consequence) as a result of relatively lower quality of Plesk (cause).

Plesk has been focusing too much on "support-everything" approach and less on "do-the-things-that-you-do-flawlessly" approach.

In the last couple of months, we seem to be reverting towards the "do-the-things-that-you-do-flawlessly" approach - small and big steps!

Personally, I would not be inclined to state that the "less-value-more-money" solution (consequence) is a result of the higher prices (alleged cause).

Plesk still offers all tools required to save on other expenses.

In essence, the savings on personnel costs are huge, when working with Plesk - less personnel, not much training required and so on.

Sure, if personnel (and costs thereof) is not an important factor, then the savings on personnel costs will not be part of the equation and it can be assumed or concluded that the costs of Plesk licenses are prohibitive.

But one should also ask the question whether assumptions or conclusions can be justified.

In most smaller hosting environments, the costs of server space are becoming higher and higher - they tend to become prohibitive.

Thanks to all kinds of start-ups AND the big cloud providers AND the dedicated server providers, we are all confronted with HIGH prices.

Really, the costs of Plesk licenses are always a fraction (read: less than 100%) of the costs of the server upon which the Plesk license is used.

Sure, every price increase of both the server and the Plesk license give rise to the complaint that the hosting business becomes too expensive.

Do we gain by complaining? Especially complaining about prices?

No, not really - for many reasons though.

One of these reasons is mentioned by you : the clustering of ownership of hosting related companies - essentially a form of monopoly.

Another reason is simply related to the fact that we KEEP USING THE LICENSES that we keep complaining about!!!

The latter reason is a primary cause (we keep using the expensive licenses and servers) and the consequence is "clustered ownership" (with the companies owning complete vertical and horizontal parts of the supply chain relevant for hosting business, hence allowing these companies to increase prices).

I can ascertain that if we all stop using the expensive licenses and servers, most of the aforementioned companies will go bankrupt.

I can also ascertain that if one of these companies goes bankrupt, it will be replaced by a similar company with "clustered ownership" benefits.

After all, we are all searching for the "next best thing" and we want to pay for it.

This is the most remarkable part : we do not think about alternatives, we simply want to pay for "solutions".

Why remarkable?

Well, the simple fact is that nobody needs WHMCS and/or Plesk and/or whatever needs to be mentioned.

In fact, they are all "convenience tools" that make life more easy ........... and more expensive.

However, all of us should still be able to go back to basics and simply install and maintain everything by hand.

Or create workarounds in order to reduce licensing fees .........

Or combat customer behavior - a bit of good advice is always good ....... for instance, why accept 0 euro for WordPress hosting (but it is free! says the average customer) when the user of the WP instance pays good money for all kinds of nonsense plugins (spend that on good hosting! says the hosting provider).

All in all, when I have to summarize, then I can only state that I do understand the situation ........

......... but also that I am personally going more and more "back-to-basics" - removing all the unnecessary, only maintain the necessary!

Open source tools are strong, packages can be easily combined into basic (specialized) solutions that can be well maintained.

It really saves me a lot of time of patching the packages in a "support-everything" solution when I do not need those packages and functionality thereof.

It also saves me a lot of time ......... since I have to worry less about increasing costs of servers and licenses.

Having said the above, it is still remains true that some prices are a bit prohibitive ........ but we keep asking for those products / licenses with high prices.

Let us never forget that "demand" defines the hosting industry ..... and hence the products offered by "supply".

Let us never forget that good things always will cost money ........ and hence the best solutions are (often) not for free.

Let us never forget that the best solutions will have the natural habit to drive out ALL competition ...... and hence that bad solutions will not be an alternative.

In short, we cannot forget that there might be alternatives, but - at least at this moment - they are not as strong as a solution like Plesk.

It is simply a trade-off that everybody has to make : a trade-off between costs and benefits of Plesk.

In that sense, you are right .......... the aforementioned trade-off will not be in favour of Plesk, if prices continue to rise.

In a more general sense .......

........ I would not really worry about it, you can always go back to basics - Plesk is really optional, it should be seen as a personal choice and not a necessity.

Kind regards....

@Peter Debik

The German banks increases prices as a result of increased complexity of regulations and financial law, augmented with increased required levels of liquidity and solvability, augmented with a "shareholder first" attitude of management (that often has stock options ..... and hence act also in their own interest).

The German banks and all other banks use marketing - such as "we go green, all goes digital ........ (small whisper : here is the bill)" - without any reason.

It is barely comparable to the hosting industry, for many reasons.

In the banking industry, regulations and liquidity / solvability requirement become more strict ....... thanks to the bad apples.

In the hosting industry, costs are increasing since costs of expertise (personnel for instance) and high tech have increased : increases are related to "good".

Sure, there are many other arguments that can illustrate why things like hosting and banking are not comparable ......... but that should not be the point.

In my humble opinion, the point here is that increased levels in hosting costs MIGHT result in hosting companies being pushed out of business.

The concept of complaining, slander, moaning etc etc about price increases - especially those of Plesk licenses - is not a good concept.

In essence, the hosting community has build a treasure trove of open source (free!) packages that are used by many paid-for solutions.

Stated differently, the community can expand the nature and degree of open source packages OR can opt for the paid-for solutions.

It is a choice.

It is a choice of freedom that we should like, if and as long as the paid-for solutions are still affordable.

It is a choice of freedom that we should still like, even if we have to revert to open source packages when the costs of paid-for solutions become prohibitive.

It certainly is not a choice of freedom that should give anybody the right to complain ........ we all have options, some better than others.

Nevertheless, the point made in the Plesk community is still a valid point.

After all, if the costs of Plesk licenses become too high ... then the number of sold licenses might decline.

It might even decline to such a level that (a) prices first have to increase again (in order to cover development costs) and (b) drop afterwards, in order to gain or regain the lost market share.

To be honest, I am not in it for a roller-coaster-ride.

I would really like to see that Plesk considers the market dynamics ........ and especially the long-term market dynamics.

Kind regards....

Will give you some facts for you.
Perfectly optimized server, Ryzen 5 5600 - 64GB RAM - 2 TB RAID1 SSD. (used identical servers for Plesk based and competing control panel)

Plesk based server - 96 domains active - 18.3GB RAM used, 3.6 load
Competing panel running under Open Lite Speed - 125 domains active - 9.1GB RAM used 0.45 load

It's clearly obvious that by using Open Lite Speed and a more "relaxed" control panel that does not try to "do everything" the performance is miles better. Amd plesk STILL refusing to support Open Lite Speed... just because.

For me the course of action is pretty obvious, competing control panel costs $14 for 14 accounts and $20 for unlimited, Plesk cost 60 (or $70 now, I don't remember, they keep increasing it).

Plesk is NOTHING like it was 3 years ago, performance has decreased considerably, it is more laggy, consumes more RAM and drain more CPU. On top of that, customers are loving the competing control panel. Win-win.

They went TOO greedy.

@trialotto sorry your posts are very unreadable. Way too much empty spaces / break lines. Sorry. I did look up the company named in your signature (Server4You). Wow. A lot of negative reviews. How come man?

@Alejandro Oro Vojacek exactly my thoughts. The price, due to the many increases over the past few years (and it will increase every year again) is becoming absurd. Other than that; it's just like you state. Plesk performance is slow and sluggish and they change stuff which make it worse (Dynamic List: terribly slow), they remove useful stuff (Active List) and add stuff nobody uses. Extensions are almost all paid or not supported anymore. Magento automatic installs are outdated. Same with Node and so on (if I recall it correctly).

It seems they have also fired a lot of support staff / team members; support is becoming very slow. And it's almost always the same people who respond (eventually). Seems everything is going downhill. But that is the same for all brands / products owned by Oakley Capital Investment Group (under there portfolio WebPros). Just look at WHMCS and there forum; a lot of regulars left the scene (e.g. Brian! and Katamaze) who helped out a lot (really a lot). The forums on WHMCS are nowhere on the same level in terms of users and busyness as a year or 2, maybe 3 ago. It was thriving. Also price increases over there. Just check out this article about WHMCS here. And a reminder for your memory; WHMCS was also acquired by Oakley Capital Investment Group. Same goes for SolusVM and cPanel. All suffer from the same issues.

I understand an increase in pricing in Plesk, but not for what they advertise; they state it's needed to improve things in Plesk. So far Plesk interface has become slow and certainly not better. Some highly requested stuff is still not available directly e.g. Open Lite Speed, Varnish (work-around nowadays), Redis, etc. etc. etc. They removed Active Lists, even though a lot of people requested to leave it in (just give Dynamic Lists a go with 150 websites and the setting to show all; OMG). And apparently they had to lay off some (support) personal as support tickets are managed/resolved slower than before and as I stated above (it's almost always the same people who answer the tickets).

Is there nothing good about Plesk? Sure there is; I like the Plesk repair functions (which we will also sorta have in our own developed solution). The Wordpress Toolkit (though it seems development has been stalled for new features) and the extended experience over the many years with Plesk. But is it worth the extreme price increases so far (and every year)? Certainly not. Sure if Plesk (or Oakley Capital in this case) actually listened to their customers perhaps Plesk would be a better product and more affordable. Our customers are nowadays looking for alternatives. We get weekly questions about if we support this interface or that interface by server owners as they find the Plesk license prices hard to swallow.

The world is experiencing a lot of difficulties at the moment. Inflation, wars, etc. etc. And not to forget about Covid-19. Gas(oline) prices are going to the roof. Electricity is actually going back to the prices it used to be. Anyways; in the end people (= customers) do not want to pay to much. We are seeing the past 6 or 8 months a lot of companies who are going bankrupt and/or throwing the towel in the ring. We also experienced this first hand; we had two big customers who had several Plesk servers with us (also a few other interface servers) and the price increase was the last nail in their coffin. They went bankrupt as they couldn't pay their bills anymore. Their customers didn't want to pay the price increase, so they left. We took over a few of their hosting customers to our own Plesk servers. The others who wanted to pay less we migrated to a different control panel server. It's funny that one noted that this was much faster as the Plesk server.

Okay. I already spend (again) too much time on this. I have to go to the office. But if Plesk proceeds this way and let the greed (from Oakley Capital Investment Group) lead them, I doubt Plesk will be existing in a few years. It's either that or Oakley Capital will sell Plesk off to so some foreign company. Mark my words.

Sidenote; I am not bashing Plesk in any way, just stating the obvious. But let's see if my post will stay online. Not the first time something gets removed.

Also worth to note; that the issue with password protected directories with the Plesk Migration Tool also hasn't been solved. This issue has been apparent for many years. See also: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...r-domains-are-not-migrated-in-Plesk-for-Linux.

The KB article was last updated 1 year ago and I quote: Password-protected root directories of domains ("/") are not migrated. This is Plesk Migrator bug #EXTPLESK-1866 which will be fixed in future Plesk updates.

Why isn't stuff/bugs really fixed?! You increase prices, you add useless stuff, you make unwanted changes to UI and list views, but refuse to fix old bugs?! Very, very tiresome. This is just one of the many examples how poorly Plesk is handling things and refuses to listen to their customers...

Attachments

• plesk_migration_tool_htaccess.jpg
    plesk_migration_tool_htaccess.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 4
Also worth to note; that the issue with password protected directories with the Plesk Migration Tool also hasn't been solved. This issue has been apparent for many years. See also: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...r-domains-are-not-migrated-in-Plesk-for-Linux.

The KB article was last updated 1 year ago and I quote: Password-protected root directories of domains ("/") are not migrated. This is Plesk Migrator bug #EXTPLESK-1866 which will be fixed in future Plesk updates.

Why isn't stuff/bugs really fixed?! You increase prices, you add useless stuff, you make unwanted changes to UI and list views, but refuse to fix old bugs?! Very, very tiresome. This is just one of the many examples how poorly Plesk is handling things and refuses to listen to their customers...
@HHawk

There are other more important issues with Plesk Migrator - some of them have been solved, others still have to be solved.

However, one cannot come to any general conclusion when only focusing on one particular issue that has not been solved.

In essence, Plesk Migrator works fine .......... in general.

Obviously, if you want more control and/or better (migration) performance, then there is the simple alternative to use plain-old rsync!

Please note that it can be recommended to investigate "standalone rsync", as opposed to the "rsync + compressed archives" that Plesk Migrator uses.

That investigation could also help you to identify the merits of the Plesk Migrator tool - it is simply a convenience tool.

Afterwards, the trade-off can be made between "convenience" (offered by Plesk Migrator) and "bugs" (inherently present in Plesk Migrator).

The trade-off often results in the conclusion that the convenience offered by Plesk Migrator exceeds the burden of the issues related to Plesk Migrator.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Kind regards....

@trialotto please use line-breaks accordingly. Your posts are barely readable to be honest. Also your post doesn't add anything useful to what I have reported... It looks like you are using Google Translate or something for your posts/replies. It's really unclear and as I have said before; it doesn't add anything to the current issues.

@HHawk

Sorry. I did look up the company named in your signature (Server4You). Wow. A lot of negative reviews. How come man?

It must have been clear that I mention some hosting providers in my signature - there is not enough space to mention all hosting providers that I have actively tested with Plesk instances. Server4You is not my company, it is a hosting provider, so no need to answer the question "how come man?"

o far Plesk interface has become slow and certainly not better. Some highly requested stuff is still not available directly e.g. Open Lite Speed, Varnish (work-around nowadays), Redis, etc. etc. etc.

Open Lite Speed does not add value, Varnish does not add value ...... and both - especially Varnish - are a bad (and unsecure) alternative for Nginx.

Plesk Panel is Nginx based, Plesk has full support for Nginx.

Nginx has full support for Redis, Memcache(d) .......... simply install Redis Server and include some lines of Nginx directives into Plesk config - that is all!

Okay. I already spend (again) too much time on this. I have to go to the office. But if Plesk proceeds this way and let the greed (from Oakley Capital Investment Group) lead them, I doubt Plesk will be existing in a few years. It's either that or Oakley Capital will sell Plesk off to so some foreign company. Mark my words.

You can never spend too much time on this.

Your alleged adversary, being either Plesk or Oakley, may or may not read your posts .......... however, the community does!

Plesk will exist in the near and far away future - Plesk is promising convenience and that is what most Plesk users wish to pay for.

Alternatives to Plesk are scarce, with natural dynamics of people switching from Plesk Panel to another panel and from other panels to Plesk Panels - that is the essence of the dynamics on the market for control panels for many years now (and that will never change).

The reality is that alternatives to Plesk will undercut Plesk prices (to gain market share) and increase prices (to regain lost profit) as soon as they can, hence making Plesk (or other control panels) a viable option again.

It really has nothing to do with "ownership", it simply has to do with market demand and market supply.

If you are asked the question "would you increase your prices, knowing that you can increase your prices without any problem", then the answer is : YES.

Now, with the last statement, we can turn to Oakley and "ownership (structures)" in general.

Any owner of a company continuously asks the question "can I increase the prices and get away with it?" - if they can, they will increase prices.

Any company considering to purchase / invest in anoter company asks the same question ........ since they want to have a return on investment.

And that is the issue here ...... return on investment.

They will always sell ...... if there is a positive return on investment ...... but also if there is only the prediction of future negative return of investment.

So, yes, your predication is always correct : "ownership" of Plesk will always be transferred to another company - a simple fact.

And, yes, any new owner of Plesk will always attempt to increase prices and will increase prices if they can.

And, yes, this cycle will continue over and over again : ownership changes and price changes are positively correlated!

Stated differently, you are absolutely right ........

.......... and now we can address the topic of why your posts (and those of other community members) are relevant!

Is there an alternative? An alternative that can break the continuous cycle of "new-owners-new-prices"?

Yes, in theory there is - consider a company that

- is supplying specific products or services that are intensively used by a group of easily to define customers, (and)
- is fully owned by all of the individual members in that group of easily to define customers, (and)
- is associated with ownership structures in which no individual owner has more power or financial interest than other individual owners,

and that - theoretical - company could simply mimick and offer Plesk products and services ...... or even purchase Plesk.

No, in practice there will never be such a - theoretical - company, given the facts that amongs others

- such a company would - in the short and long run - require that an equilibrium amongst individual owners exists,
- the equilibrium would imply that all individual owners have equal parts of total ownership and equal parts of profit,
- equality of ownership and profit shares would require that each individual owner pays the same price for products / services,
- the equilibrium can only survive as long as the prices are constant or continuously declining towards zero,
- the equilibrium at constant prices can only survive if profit shares are exactly equal to the constant prices of products / services,
- the equilibrium at constant prices can survive, but will not survive - it does not make sense to pay for something and get an identical profit share,
- the equilibrium at zero prices will replace the equilibrium at constant prices,
- the equilibrium at zero prices will survive - it is an economically binding "contract" that makes sense and that will not give reward to deviate from it,

and all of the above is an economical approach (read: based upon sound economical theory, including game theory) to explain why

- companies aiming for profit will always exist, as long as individual owners cannot come to a binding "contract" and are rewarded to deviate from it,
- open source is STRONG can ALWAYS SURVIVE as an alternative, since there is no reward for deviating from the "contract".

Nevertheless, let's skip the theory and let us skip the explanation.

We, as community members, have to be BRUTALLY HONEST .........

........ and simply state that we cannot even agree upon opinions or the smallest of topics, let alone that we can agree upon the direction that can be followed by Plesk to improve their products / services in order to satisfy customer demand.

In essence, Plesk does an excellent job to satisfy the full diversity of all demands of all individual Plesk users - compliments to Plesk Team!

Sure, Plesk is using the "support-everything" method in order to increase customer satisfaction.

Sure, this "support-everything" method comes at the price that not everything can be developed in time and / or properly.

When being honest, are we - as a community - not also partially (!) responsible for not providing the suggestions (or solutions) that Plesk can focus on?

In my humble opinion, I need to take my full responsibility ....... therefore, I provide feedback and suggestions whenever I can.

A discussion about pricing and price increase may be valuable, but it might be more valuable to suggest concrete solutions to Plesk Team.

I sincerely hope that other people start to think about the way that they can contribute to the development of Plesk.

Plesk is good enough ........ and can be made better, provided that the community can agree upon at least one thing that can be improved.

One thing, a couple of things, it should be possible - it is not a big ask.

Kind regards......

@trialotto please use line-breaks accordingly. Your posts are barely readable to be honest. Also your post doesn't add anything useful to what I have reported... It looks like you are using Google Translate or something for your posts/replies. It's really unclear and as I have said before; it doesn't add anything to the current issues.

@HHawk,

I am addressing you and all other people interested in the topic.

Everybody can decide for themselves whether they can "read" my posts, find the text "readable" (or not).

Everybody can have their own opinion, come to their own conclusions.

You conclude - apparently - that my post "does not add anything useful" ........ and I am not offended at all and I will not even start debating about it.

You conclude - obviously - that "I use Google Translate" ........ and I am not offended at all and I will certainly not engage in a discussion about those parts in your (many) posts that more or less give evidence to support to the assumption that your sole intention is to offend people and companies.

I do not conclude that any assumption should be fact, so I will not conclude that you only intend to offend.

In essence, I can only find it strange that I communicate my appreciation for those parts of your posts that add value to and for the community ........

....... and that you communicate back in terms like "unreadable", "does not add value", "using Google Translate", "it's really unclear" etc and so on.

If you really want to battle Plesk (the company), its owners and even Plesk Team .......

....... then you can only win by stop using Plesk as a control panel, even if your - apparently complaining - customers are still wanting it.

That is the only way to win, since you are not confronted anymore with any price increase whatsoever.

And, more importantly, if you do so and lots of other Plesk users follow you, then Plesk will eventually stop increasing prices and even lower prices.

In short, yes, your posts add value ....... in the sense that everybody on the forum can decide what they think about the price increases.

All opinions are welcome : everybody on the forum will be able to make a better decision - stop with Plesk or continue with Plesk.

Kind regards....

Back