• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Massive price increase for reseller licenses?

I get that they pretty much don't care about the current state of the world and frankly, it is starting to sound like they WANT the world to explode. I am starting to consider moving away from Plesk, this is unsustainable in the long run, we are contributing to an artificial inflation that should not be tolerated.

Care to share some alternatives?

This is a hefty price increase for the fact that we are more and more a betatester. I use Plesk since version 7.5 and I have never complained that Plesk is always more faulty. I will therefore not participate in such a price increase!

I do not need any support, but if Plesk delivers faulty versions then already - but for this so much more to pay is derision.
It's full of bugs and things that they DON'T FIX and are STILL BROKEN and that you have to take your personal time to fix it, otherwise your business would be screwed.

Example, the nginx rewrites completely break if you have "Custom Error Documents" and your default webserver is NGINX. I've reported this 3 months ago, still no fix. I've reported the FIX that our engineer at our company fixed. Our customers were bombarded with 404 because the default Plesk insist on enabling Custom Error Documents whenever it wants and this makes every site crash with 404.
This could very much mean the end of our hosting service but our engineer managed to fix it by "bypassing" the custom error documents rewrite that was breaking everything.

This is completely unacceptable. And we are supposed to be paying the increase in price for what?. For critical bugs that were reported and are not FIXED IN MONTHS?

Give me a break !!!

Plesk is looking more and more like Microsoft with it's Windows version. Everything was coming along rather well in Windows 10 until they decided to launch 11. Companies are getting MORE lazy than ever and at the same time, increasing price like we are all rich.

Announcement also online: Plesk Price Adjustment 2023 - FAQ Online Customers
This announcement will be changed for every year, so for future price increases:

You can bookmark those URL's, as it will happen every year now!
OFGS!! That's literally a copy and paste of the 2022 increase - that's shameful for a company like Plesk!

Reactions: mow
The issue for most partners is that this hands the initiative to the predatory vps server in germany partners who are trying to steal customers off the back of this change, as we cannot start a new legacy CSP subscription for an existing customer unless it is a product they have not had before. Only a competitor CSP can do that.............not great is it?

Thought I would add a new "great" experience with Plesk to this thread...

Plesk is increasing their pricing every single year now (and in the future, next price is increase is already in the making). The reason for this is needed to improve Plesk and fix bugs and security issues. Yeah right...

I reported a serious issue with ploop storage in Watchdog on 25th of May 2022. This was recorded with the ID PPP-57361. I noticed the same issue again earlier this week and decided to check for an update. We should expect, after 8 months, that this would be solved, right? Especially after the new price increase in the meantime (for improving Plesk). Well you are dead wrong.

This was the reply I got: After discussion with R&D team priority for this bug was increased, but at the moment there is no ETA for the bug fix.

So probably it will need two or three more price increases before this is getting resolved. Probably the Plesk development team has also been cut as it appears to be a one-man show nowadays. All thanks to the Oakley Capital Investment Group (Webpros). Sidenote; did you know that this investment company also funds and supports companies in Russia? I was really shocked. You can look up the details on their website (it requires some digging, but you will find it).

So in general; we are paying for Plesk more and more every single year. But in general Plesk is not improving; performance is not so good anymore (competition is faster nowadays), bugs aren't taken seriously anymore and not being fixed, no useful stuff is being added anymore (e.g. Varnish, updated Magento 2.x, etc.) and so on. I really cannot justify these price increases anymore (was already hard); not for ourselves, but also not for our (server) customers. Especially considering how the world is now financially. Prices are going through the roof (not to mention electricity overhere). And Plesk decides to increase their pricing again (like every year now) as they simply do not care about their customers/partners. And to top it off; they offer several high discounts to customers who order directly through their own website. Really... We cannot compete with that. These are already harsh times.

I re-checked our Plesk licenses and wow... In the past 6 years we went down by 70% of our Plesk licenses because of all the price increases (mainly). Ofcourse we also had a few customers who stopped completely ofcourse. But still. Luckily a majority of these Plesk customers could be pursuaded to use (a much, much) cheaper competitor interface (I shall not mention names anymore, because they do not like that here). And guess what? They are happy with how things works with the other interface. And this at 1/3 of a Plesk license (yes unlimited domains)! And Wordpress works as good and fast (if not better) as on Plesk.

I think it will not take long before Plesk (as with the rest owned by Oakley Capital Investment Group (under the Webpros portofolio) will be dead. WHMCS is heading that already pretty fast. Their new pricing killed off a lot of customers (really a lot). Just check their forum; it's pretty much dead. A lot of people who made the community great left because of the wrong direction WHMCS took. They will not recover. It will be a matter of time before WHMCS is out of business. The same will happen with all other products which are acquired by Oakley Capital Investment Group. Mark my words...

This simply cannot keep going on this way...

Taking screenshot of my post in case this gets deleted or similar.

Due to this massive price hike most of the customers moved from Plesk and CPanel to another provider. And some are using shared or cracked licenses now. if the price will hike then better to stop the usage of Plesk and cpanel.

Due to this massive price hike most of the customers moved from Plesk and CPanel to another provider. And some are using shared or cracked licenses now. if the price will hike then better to stop the usage of Plesk and cpanel.

It's just a matter of time. It will follow the exact same path as with WHMCS. Mark my words...

ROFL! I received an mail about the new "Wordpress Toolkit Deluxe"...!

And guess what... You have to pay for this ofcourse. LMAO. You increase license price to improve things and now you "improved" the WP Toolkit, but are charging top Dollar for it. #pathetic.

Nobody is going to pay for this, after the latest (and upcoming) price hikes with Plesk...

Attachments

• wordpress_deluxe_toolkit_paid.jpg
    wordpress_deluxe_toolkit_paid.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 11
ROFL! I received an mail about the new "Wordpress Toolkit Deluxe"...!

And guess what... You have to pay for this ofcourse. LMAO. You increase license price to improve things and now you "improved" the WP Toolkit, but are charging top Dollar for it. #pathetic.

Nobody is going to pay for this, after the latest (and upcoming) price hikes with Plesk...

@HHawk

I have read your messages and do understand your "frustration" (for lack of a better word) to some extent.

I certainly agree that there are many things to improve at Plesk and/or within Plesk and/or by Plesk and/or by Plesk Team.

However, there is some degree of reality that we have to take into account, amongst others being that prices increase in general - this is not limited to Plesk, it is also present in the entirety of the hosting industry : servers getting more expensive, licenses being forced upon users etc and so on.

It might seem to be a harsh reality, but - as you predicted to some extent - it will be relatively short-lived.

In the long run, there will always be space for solutions that combat the common pitfalls in existing products - sooner or later somebody will fill the gaps.

In the past, Plesk has done that in an excellent way.

In the present and future, Plesk is still able to compete with alternative solutions by just emphasizing specific product features.

That focus or emphasis is valuable or not at all valuable, depending on who is making the conclusions and from which angle.

As for me personally, I do not understand why we need a lot of features that are currently included in Plesk and that make Plesk bloated.

For instance, you mention the WP Toolkit and I have a strong opinion about that.

The Smart Updates feature is not really valuable and does not add value in terms of efficiency and/or in terms of cost-to-value.

In that light, it is a good thing that we are not confronted with obligatory licenses for the WP Toolkit Plus / Deluxe thing.

My strong opinion about WP Toolkit is hence based upon specific shortcomings, such as the lack of a full commandline utility (of WP Toolkit) that supports the full set of commands that is already built into WordPress and/or into Woocommerce.

Sure, if we continue and are being very picky, then there is always something to groan and moan about.

And that is my entire point : we get distracted!

All Plesk users have simply been distracted by license fees, even though a cost-benefit analysis would justify these prices for most companies.

Obviously, price increases hurt, higher prices for Plesk licenses do feel "wrong" if there are more and more (minor or major) shortcomings of Plesk.

Nevertheless, there is an actual reality that we should never forget.

The actual reality is dual by nature :

1 - everything that Plesk does, can be done or structured or arranged by a well-seasoned sysadmin : no need for Plesk, to put it differently!

2 - everything that Plesk already does, will take away the necessity to spend time on it : a need for Plesk, to put it differently........

In my humble opinion, this topic thread should not be dealing endlessly with "price increases" - that is life.

It should also NOT focus on the paradox provided by every "I-promise-you-everything-solution" - again, it is life that sooner or later the promise cannot be made true and that sooner or later, there is more efficiency to be found to setup a lean-and-mean sytem on one server and copy that across many servers.

In my humble opinion, this (and other) topic threads should simply focus on

a) making clear that Plesk should have a different perception of "customers" : endusers are not the customers paying for the Plesk licenses,

b) making clear that sysadmins do need a lot of tools that are currently not present within Plesk,

c) making clear that growth and associated price increases are always acceptable and justifiable if Plesk becomes a scalable eco-system!

I do have humble opinions, so I do not want to impose my opinions - it is just some "thinking out loud".

And yes, some "frustration" is present : I CANNOT understand why there is no secure MySQL support in Plesk, even years after I proposed it!

And yes, there is some element of "being flabergasted" : I (and others too) can easily (or not so easily) create an eco-system of Plesk servers in a cluster that can run in the cloud or on-premise, without the necessity of using the one-license-per-server model ......... why did the Multiserver extension flop?!??

But again, the above is not a solid fundament for any discussion - objectivity is required at all time.

In all objectivity, I can only conclude that Plesk is fine, but can always be improved.

Obviously, that is normal.

I feel strongly that it is up to the Plesk community to guide Plesk and Plesk Team towards the right direction.

In essence, do not submit "bugs" only, also use this forum and Plesk Uservoice to propose improvements - or even do some minor development.

Kind regards.......

PS Never forget that is a cycle of "being the best amongst competitors" - however, price is not a good benchmark of the "best" or even the "worst".

I reported a serious issue with ploop storage in Watchdog on 25th of May 2022. This was recorded with the ID PPP-57361. I noticed the same issue again earlier this week and decided to check for an update. We should expect, after 8 months, that this would be solved, right? Especially after the new price increase in the meantime (for improving Plesk). Well you are dead wrong.
Plesk Obisidan 18.0.51: Watchdog will now monitor the correct ploop device after host node reboot if Plesk is installed in an OpenVZ 7/Virtuozzo 7 container. (PPP-57361)

Plesk Obisidan 18.0.51: Watchdog will now monitor the correct ploop device after host node reboot if Plesk is installed in an OpenVZ 7/Virtuozzo 7 container. (PPP-57361)

Good to hear that! I reported the issue over 7 months ago and I had to re-report it again after several customers started to "complain" about this.
Hopefully the next time it will get fixed sooner though. But, better late then never. ;-)

Thank you for the update!

OFGS!! That's literally a copy and paste of the 2022 increase - that's shameful for a company like Plesk!

And as expected! Price increase. Seems my future page is now becoming reality...

Sigh... Same old with Plesk, every year they increase pricing and every year we lose (Plesk) customers from these increases. Good thing we have a excellent and more affordable alternative. We keep the majority now as customer (except for a few) and increase our revenues, while customers pay less.

Everything on there is a copy paste from the previous year(s). Shameful, but expected. Business is difficult and with Plesk increasing their pricing (every year) it's becoming more and more difficult. But Plesk does not care, never did.

I'm done with this BS. Every price increase is "justified" as "we are working hard" and then when we see the new changes, it's in the form of a new paid plugin, so, WHY am I paying a permanent price increase every year so they could develop more paid plugins?!?!.
Also, since WHEN working hard for the past 10 years meant that they could increase prices?. This is new, everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of "increasing prices". I swear I could smell this from a mile away, I should had built my company on another control panel, since they were adquired by the same company that did shameful things to cPanel I suspected Plesk was going to be on the same route. They are seriously injuring small companies like ours with this move. I can't increase prices to customers every year to compensate, that's breaching agreements, we can't do that, it is simply morally wrong and ethically wrong.

I'm done with this BS, I will start looking for other solutions.

Yeah it's absurd. All thanks to Oakley Capital Investment Group. All their products under Webpros have gotten an increase in pricing, not just Plesk. SolusVM, WHMCS, cPanel, etc. etc. etc. Greedy people. I remeber the day Plesk was competitive with their pricing (5 or 6 years ago). That was a good time to be a customer with Plesk. Nowdays, not so much.

We have informed our customers in advance about this new price hike by Plesk (like every year). We already got 12 cancellations for the new year. Thanks Plesk! Customers do not like this. One of the main complaints was, why pay for all this extra rubbish? Plesk is getting worse instead of better; useful stuff is getting removed or replaced by puur en utter garbage (e.g. Dynamic Lists). More junk is added with every update. Plesk is becoming bloatware.

Also it's very annoying that Plesk is getting more and more stuff inside for which you have to pay for. Customers ask, why are we paying for Plesk, when there is a ton of stuff you have to purchase within Plesk? Talking about greed. In my humble opinion Plesk is becoming Shareware or even Adware (remember the 90's). Ugh... The majority of our customers (hosting and server owners) do not even use these extra things. They just want a control panel which does simple things, they do not need/want gimmicks. Again; bloatware. It really sickens me.

Anyways, there is something positive from the price increase. From the 12 cancellations (I have mentioned above), 10 of them went over to a different control panel. This means we pay less, therefor the customer pays less and atop of that we make a better percentage as well. Everybody happy. I am suspecting more customers will follow this path (or cancel everything completely).

The hosting business is becoming a pain. General prices are going through the roof (food, gasoline, etc.) and Plesk (or better said Oakley Capital Investment Group and their Webpros) only adds another nail in the coffin. The realy worst thing is, is that our customers think we increase the prices to make profit. Which is not even true. Heck, we have sold Plesk licenses at a loss, simply because we cannot justify the price increase enforced by Plesk to our customers.

And Plesk is a cheat anyways; often you can see high discounts on their websites in terms of their licenses. We have received complaints from our customers that the (special) discounts on their Plesk website (plesk.com) were lower/better than our pricing. How can you compete with that? Or what do you tell your customer? Plesk is really, really "abusing" their partners in this (and I am keeping it civil, otherwise my post will suddenly disappear; though I make copies and screenshots).

Support is also taking a spin for the worse; the other day I created a support ticket and asked some stuff about Plesk and MySQL/MariaDB. Their answer? Well we are Plesk Technical Support and we can only give support on Plesk and it's working. You are better off visiting the MariaDB forum and ask your question there. Pffft... For what are we paying the absurd high fee's for? Don't you advertise everywhere that the price (inclusing yearly increases) is to make Plesk better? Better support? Yeah right. One big joke. The only real reason for Plesk to increase prices, is to make a bigger profit...

Oh well... Let's wait till the end of 2024 when the next (big) price increase will be announced (here is the future link for it already, bookmark it).

Sidenote; I am going to do it differently. Every customer who complains about the price increase and think we make the price increase, we will ask them to complain at Plesk, Webpros and Oakley Capital directly instead. Or we will forward the many complaints directly. Let's see if they like that.

Plesk is really, really "abusing" their partners in this (and I am keeping it civil, otherwise my post will suddenly disappear; though I make copies and screenshots).
It will not disappear, it never has before either.

It will not disappear, it never has before either.
Yes it did... Igor removed some of my posts in the past! I emailed Plesk about it and they resolved it. Since then I am taking screenshots and copy & paste my text. I spend a lot of time on it, so I hate it when they get deleted. And I am even keeping it civil as well. But thank you for ignoring the top part and only replying on the 2nd part. Haha.

Yes it did... Igor removed some of my posts in the past! I emailed Plesk about it and they resolved it. Since then I am taking screenshots and copy & paste my text. I spend a lot of time on it, so I hate it when they get deleted. And I am even keeping it civil as well. But thank you for ignoring the top part and only replying on the 2nd part. Haha.
I deleted them because they were full of poison and did not contain an ounce of constructive thought. However, like all your posts on this forum.

What have you done useful for the community besides hundreds of posts about what scoundrels these Plesk are?

Every year you spew your poison and still continue to use Plesk! Apparently it's so good that you can't pass it up even after the price increase :)

I deleted them because they were full of poison and did not contain an ounce of constructive thought. However, like all your posts on this forum.

What have you done useful for the community besides hundreds of posts about what scoundrels these Plesk are?

Every year you spew your poison and still continue to use Plesk! Apparently it's so good that you can't pass it up even after the price increase :)

Oh my. Aren't you a bad person. A new email to Plesk it seems about you. Apparently you didn't get warned enough?

Anyways. Full of poison? LMAO... [removed, because contained political statement]. Now that IS poisonous. Don't reflect your issues onto a paying Plesk partner. Really.

But, I am just telling the truth. Or do you say that I am lying? Isn't Plesk increasing their pricing every year? Isn't the price increase page not a simple copy and paste of previous year? I am just confirming what I read and suspect and there is no lies about that obviously. But I understand you have to tell people something else, as you're being paid by Plesk ofcourse. You don't bite the had which feeds you. I can understand that and I feel for you. ;-)

Anyways. As always. Screenshot and copy of the text.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also. Seems you really need new glasses. Yes we still use Plesk or our customers who are willing to pay the increase still want to use Plesk and don't mind to the increase every year...

However, if you actually tried reading, you would have read that our Plesk customer base is declining every single year, because of the increased pricing (every single year). But oh no... Igor does not read that, Igor only reads what he wants to read.

Back