1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

max. domain number ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by troubler, Sep 18, 2004.

1. troubler

troubler Guest

Hi all,

Has anyone an idea what is or should to be a good avarage of max. number of domains at a server like :

CPU : P4 1.7 Ghz
    RAM : 512
    CP : Plesk7

Thanks for realistic answers....

2. troubler

troubler Guest

Nobody any idea ?

3. Mertz

Mertz Guest

If you pick an unlimited domain license you're pretty much limited at that point by your hardware and how many sites IIS 6.0 will support by default, which I believe is up in the thousands.

With your hardware I would say 60 to 90 domains max. I'm running a dual opterons with 2GB of RAM for a target of 300 domains per server and I'm considering upping the RAM to 4GB before it's all said and done.

4. LithiuM

LithiuM Guest

It depends the sites you host.. If you host low traffic corporate sites I think it can easily serve 500-600... If you feel uncomfortable you'll add some ram later.. But I never recommend on any server over 500 sites whether its a P4 or dual xeon...

5. girly

girly Guest

Is 300 sites limit for server with:

3GHz CPU
    512MB RAM
    72GB HD

(with unlimited domains license)?

6. usbusi

usbusi Guest

I'd say 100.

Unless they are heavy traffic sites and/or heavy storage sites.

7. superm0nk

superm0nk Guest

You really can't tell until you start filling up the server. Don't try to set some superficial limit that you can't maintain or underutilizes your server.

When you notice a degredation in performance and/or service, it's time to look into another server. To start filling in the new server, you'll probably want to move several customers from the old server to load balance.