• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Max Message Size won't work

nixmomo

New Pleskian
Hi,
i have a curious issue... I set the Max Mail Setting to 200000KB (200MB) but Plesk won't send Mails with a bigger attachment as 10MB.
Yeah i know most extern Mailservers won't Accept so big attachments but i want sent it to a internal Mailaccount... My SMTP Server is postfix

Is there another option where i have to set the max limit? Had someone else this issue?
i restartet postfix and the server completly.. it won't work

Hi nixmomo,

pls. be informed, that there are three settings in your postfix configuration, regarding the "size" - limits:

Code:
mailbox_size_limit = 0
virtual_mailbox_limit = XXXXXXXXX
message_size_limit = XXXXXXXXX
( where "XXXXXXXXX" is YOUR desired setting )

Pls. consider as well to post the corresponding log - file entries from your mail.log, so that people willing to help you have something to start with their innvestigations. It might as well help to add you configuration file(s) as attachments. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi UFHH01

my logs are empty / there is nothing in with this error. That's why i asked here :)
The mailbox_size_limit and the virtual_mailbox_limit aren't ignored if i send a mail out? i would understand this if the limit would be exceed with the incomming mail but it isn't ... Both Limits are at 200 GB and the recipients mailbox isn't full... round 195GB free Space... the Mail has a size with 50 MB ... so i can't see a reason why Plesk isn't sending this Mail out

Back