• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Merge all domains to 1 owner?

scottlpool2003

Basic Pleskian
Hi, I've looked around and can't seem to find a solution.

I have 20+ domains that I set up for myself on individual subscriber accounts. I need them all to list in 1 account so that I can login to FTP and have each site listed for a new CMS I'm working on.

I managed to get all domains to 1 subscriber, but I'm not sure how I can get all of the domains into 1 account without manually adding domains, backing up and restoring which would take a long time to do.

Are there any quicker ways to do this?

Cheers.

Create new Customer, select needed subscriptions and change subscriber to this new customer.

Thanks for your help, Igor. Appreciated as always.

I've already got the subscriptions to 1 subscriber, I need to be able to login via FTP and have all of the subscribers domains available.

I have a temporary but not ideal workaround.

I installed FileZilla server and granted credentials to the VHOSTS folder which gives me access to all domains in VHOSTS.

This only works because I'm using it as a business server, but if I had actual clients, this would be no good and I would have to add each domain to the existing domain in the subscriber account. This would take me days to complete as we have very large domains totalling around 1.5TB.

Hi @scottlpool2003!

Current reality of Plesk that FTP user has access only to domains of the subscription. I suppose you have several subscriptions.

Both variants (all domains in one subscription and all domains as a separate subscription) has pros and cons: if all domains are in one subscription you'll be able so access all of them by one FTP account (just example of feature) but won't be able to assign different IPs to each of this domains (also just example of feature).

Out current recommendation is to use subscription for each of domains because it's more flexible and you can use more features. Especially if you are not using shared hosting but use VPS server. Especially for this case we have Power User View with transparent navigation when all subscriptions are selected and you work with them as just with domains.

Back