• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrate from Plesk 6.01 to 7.5.4 with Migration manager ?

P

poker

Hi,

IS it possible to migratie from Plesk 6.01 (FreeBsd) to Plesk 7.5.4. using the Migration Manager ?

If so, root access is disabled on my server, you first have to log in with another username en then su...

Any ideas ?

T.i.a.

P.

Originally posted by poker
Hi,

IS it possible to migratie from Plesk 6.01 (FreeBsd) to Plesk 7.5.4. using the Migration Manager ?

If so, root access is disabled on my server, you first have to log in with another username en then su...

Any ideas ?

T.i.a.

P.

Yes, seems to be possible. Unfortunately, you have to use sudo, not su for this purpose. But if you have su access, you may install sudo and use it.

Hmm ... not able to install sudo.

Can I import a full psa backup (6.01) into 7.5.4 ?

Originally posted by poker
Hmm ... not able to install sudo.

Can I import a full psa backup (6.01) into 7.5.4 ?

AFAIR, backups are incompatible between the versions. You only know will it break if try.

Backups can't be ported between different versions yet. This should work fine in Plesk 8 though.

Originally posted by Cranky
Backups can't be ported between different versions yet. This should work fine in Plesk 8 though.

I've asked the developers and they said they have plans to made backups backward-compatible in the future, but they did not say anything about Plesk 8. How did you know about it?

Back