• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrate old Plesk server to new Plesk server.

B

BoXie

Hi,

I'm running Plesk 7.5.4 on Fedora Core 2 right now.

But i want to buy a new server and install CentOS or Debian on it , so i can get rid of this Fedora Legacy stuff.

What's the best practise to move all Plesk stuff and userdata from the old to the new system ? Can this be done by a simple psadump backup / restore ?? Or doesn't that work cross-platform (between different OS'es)?

psadump/psarestore should work, it's designed to be used cross-platform. CentOS works great with Plesk, unless you have specific reasons for using Debian you're probably better using CentOS as it won't be much different from what you're used to.

Thank you Cranky !

You are always very helpfull here.

Hope CentOS will be a longterm OS. It's a great initiative.

Suppose i WOULD choose Debian (probably not .. ) will psarestore choose the right directories for everything that might be different than in Redhat / Fedora ?

Any experience in psadump / restore between different distro's ?

You're welcome.

I think CentOS will be here for a while, it's got a great community behind it.

If you choose Debian psarestore will know what to do. One thing you may like to do is keep your vhost directories in the same location as they are currently, you can do this with the -V flag of psarestore.

Originally posted by BoXie
Any experience in psadump / restore between different distro's ?

I migrate servers every few days, usually for someone on these boards, there's the odd problem such as missing files or similar so watch out, but in general it's ok. Plesk Migration Manager is also getting better so maybe consider that.

Back