• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating from Plesk 12 Debian to CentOS safety procedure?

Xavier12

Regular Pleskian
Hey guys,

I am attempting to migrate from a debian os server with the latest plesk 12 to Centos (rather cloudlinux) and would like to know if there are any options that should not be checked during the process?

I recently tried to do the normal procedure, which is to transfer all objects, etc. And for some reason the percentage went from 1-50% to then back to zero.. but when clicking to check the current status, its still working

Current operation deploying domain.com
current operation progress: empty bar

Different sites are transferring, but I am not sure if the migration will effect the system because the difference in OS folder structure and file location.

Please advise, thanks!

... because the difference in OS folder structure and file location...

Hello Xavier,
The Plesk folder structures are the same all through out Linux ..
http://kb.odin.com/en/9302

Plesk also has the option to migrate data manually. If you suspect the migration has hang/stopped (common if the data is so much and its a cross different PP versions), perhaps manual would save you plenty of waiting time ..

Hello Xavier,
The Plesk folder structures are the same all through out Linux ..
http://kb.odin.com/en/9302

Plesk also has the option to migrate data manually. If you suspect the migration has hang/stopped (common if the data is so much and its a cross different PP versions), perhaps manual would save you plenty of waiting time ..

Thansk for the update and support Abdi,
Will be sure to check back if any issues. Thanks!

Generally there are shouldn't be any issues and migration between OSes is supported by Plesk.

We have migrated a number of Plesk servers to Plesk 12, from version 9 to 11.5 the only thing you may have a issue with is Timestamp on mail if you migrate mail.

Back