• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating from Plesk/Sitebuilder 8 to 9?

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I'm getting tired of waiting for the release of Sitebuilder version 5 and am planning on doing some
server upgrades.

I have Plesk CP 8 and Sitebuilder 4.5 running on 2 Windows Server 2008 machines.

I want to install Plesk 9 on 2 new fresh Windows Server 2008 machines, less the Sitebuilder.

I want to put Sitebuilder 4.5 on a machine of its own so when Sitebuilder 5 is released I just have to upgrade
one machine. I've learned from past experiences, as many know, that there are always a few bugs in upgrades.

I want to protect our Plesk servers so hence the offloading of Sitebuilder from the logical machines.

Question is: Is there a migration tool that will migrate both Plesk CP 8 and Sitebuilder 4.5 data in one easy task?

I've used the migration tool for Plesk 8 many times and know that the Sitebuilder data isn't moved with it.
This causes havoc with our customers and sure don't want them to loose their Sitebuilder data.

Since the Plesk 8 migration to Plesk 9 is easy... How do I accomplish the task of taking the Sitebuilder 4.5
data from the Plesk 8 machines and put it on one single machine.

Also, along with this we're going with a dedicated SQL server. So, in all we're going from 2 physical machines that
handled everything, Plesk, Sitebuilder, and SQL to 4 machines: Plesk Server 1, Plesk Server 2, Sitebuilder Server, and SQL server. I think I might need a bit of help :) If anyone has any suggestions please post them.

Thanks!

Back