• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migrating sites to new server? how?

M

m.r.davies

i've installed 4.1 on a new server
i wish to take all the sites off the old server running 4.0 and put them all on a new server
how do i do this?

i know you can create a backup in the server section of admin, but how would i get all my sites running on my new server?

sure its a bit more involved than just copying the SITES folder accross??

i found i can do this using a cmd line and a utility in the utils folder

details are on the last page of the administrator pdf

however, with the imported sites when i try and edit some sites i get the error

The page at http://127.0.0.1/Sites/11e98ca1-1ae5-4d4f-ac96-321f58586810/ is unavailable. Please contact your sitebuilder provider to resolve this problem.

anyone know why this is happening?

I've fixed it

Turns out that if a site has a gallery, the images are not stored locally in the SITES folder
So it needs to connect to the FTP server to get the images

this was throwing everything out

Did you use the sbrestore command? I noticed that when you use this command it uses, and restores the exact same publishing locations. Which, I guess is good, but I thought I could kill two birds with one stone and restore some sites to domain.com/ instead of the default domain.com/site which Sitebuilder seems to default to for all the clients publishing locations.

How to Migrating Sites to New Server...

Davies, i am having this problem. Any idea how i can fix this ftp issue

Shoggy... Hello there.
Can you write and let me know what exactly the problem is?
Are you migrating sites, SB or IIS data?

... or are you just trying to connect to your server to upload/download site data via ftp?

Happy Holidays.

Dave.

Thanks for the quick reply Dave.
I replaced my plesk/sitebuilder server restoring the data from backup for both the Plesk CP and Sitebuilder.
Well for starters the link in the Plesk CP is broken and the Edit in Sitebuilder shortcut is not working, so customers go through Sitebuilder.
The main problem is the error generated when customers try to edit their sites at the stage 4 of Sitebuilder. They get the error message;
The page at http://server.domain.com:2006/Sites/4jh474jn-cd56-40dd-6tr6-6r6ehrgry7/ is unavailable. Please contact your Plesk Sitebuilder provider to resolve this problem.

I have tried everything i could including uninstalling and reinstalling Sitebuilder. Not sure where to look anymore.

Thanks

Back