• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

deanodino1

New Pleskian
I have been thinking of moving my server from OpenSUSE to CentOS for what is probably obvious reasons when it comes to plesk. So currently I am stuck using Plesk 12.0

If I backup my server and download the zip file. Reimage the server for Centos and upload the file, could I back up from this file?

There are some things that I would like to keep on my server and I dont want to pay a freelancer to install again if I can avoid it. cheifly: APCu, red5, java. will these be lost to the wind is the great delete?

Is there a better way to reimage the server and backup what used to be there?

All help is greatly apreciated.

Hello,

We can help you with some issues regarding Plesk installation, migration, configuration and so on. We can not provide you with recommendations regarding migration from one server to another with different Oses.
We are glad to know you want to use our Plesk product, but it is out of support scope to deploy or transfer data from one to another server.
You may find software requirements on our site:
http://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/12.5/software-requirements/#s2-1

Back