• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration error - transfer.result can not be opened

F

filipersimoes

Hello guys,

I'm migrating to a new server using the migration tool and I got the following error message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result-mixed status="error" log-location="">
<transfer status="error">
<message code="UtilityError" severity="error">
<description>Execution result file (D:\Parallels\Plesk\PMM\msessions\20120604023051357\transfer.result) can not be opened</description>
</message>
</transfer>
</execution-result-mixed>

Does anyone got this before?

Does this file D:\Parallels\Plesk\PMM\msessions\2012060402305135 7\transfer.result really exists? Looks like it is wrong permissions related issue. Try to fix it with Plesk reconfigurator.

When I try to migrate (as per parallels advise I upgraded both Migration manager in both servers)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<execution-result-mixed status="error" log-location="">
<transfer status="error">
<message code="" severity="error" id="">
<description>Unable to download file 'dump-status.xml' from remote host '(the host domain here)' using 'Https' transport.</description>
<description>Unable to connect to the remote server</description>
<description>A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond (THE IP OF HOST HERE):8443</description>
</message>
</message>
</message>
</transfer>
</execution-result-mixed>

Now, I tried fixing with RR reconfiguraton both servers, I tried installing all applications with similar configurations, but still get this error and when I try to delete all the failed migrations, none works.

Please advise what to do.

Hi.

I had the same issue.

I solved it by starting a VPN-Tunnel between the two servers and configured SAMBA in the Migration Manager-Config-File in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PMM\Migration\migrmng.exe.config".

---SNIP
<!--Possible values for Transport: SecureNetRemoting | NetRemoting | Samba | HTTPS-->
<add key="Transport" value="Samba"/>
---SNIP

Regards
Georg

In my case i got this error and found that the disk was full.

Back