• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Error

D

dandy-admin

I'm using plesk 7.5.4 new server and doing migration from same plesk 7.5.4. Both server is not installed with Tomcat. But After i migrate i have seen error. See below.

Data migration from host xx.xx.xx.xx has been successfully completed.

Details

1. Execution of '/usr/local/psa/bin/tomcat.sh' '--set-status' 'true' '-domain' 'domain.org' failed with the return code 1.
STDOUT:

STDERR:
warning: failed to load external entity "/var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml"
tomcatmng: Document /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml not parsed successfully
warning: failed to load external entity "/var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml"
tomcatmng: Document /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml not parsed successfully
Unable to turn Tomcat Service on: Unable to install Tomcat vhost: tomcatmng: Document /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml not parsed successfully

2. Failed deployment of domain domain.org
Assertion failed: content.size()

Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

I try to install the tomcat and the error message on tomcat is gone. But another problem also came out when i try to migrate a domain.

Failed deployment of domain xxxxxx.com

Does anynone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Dandy V.

Originally posted by dandy-admin
I try to install the tomcat and the error message on tomcat is gone. But another problem also came out when i try to migrate a domain.

Failed deployment of domain xxxxxx.com

Does anynone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Dandy V.

I had such an issue and support provided me with an update. They also said it is available from autoupdater for the RPM- and DEB- based systems.

Same Problem here using a fresh install of 7.5.4 with autoinstaller on debian sarge.

Didn't install tomcat on either source or dest. server and it complains about tomcat while migration process runs.

When I look into the Autoupdater, everything seems to be on the newest level. So where did you get that fix?

Furthermore tomcat in 7.5.4 can't be installed on my debian 3.1 box because there are depency problems (tomcat4 shouldn't be installed and stuff).

Maybe someone managed to get this working?

Originally posted by death
So where did you get that fix?

They have installed the package on my server. Can't find it anywhere, though :(

@dm__: I see. Hm. Maybe comparing the version might help. Could you please post the output of dpkg -l | grep psa and dpkg -l | grep tomcat ?

Maybe there are differencies in the packages Versions. I think I have the newest Version "officialli" available from plesk site (donwloaded it yesterday).

How did you get support to install those packages for you? I think it will cost something? Because we don't have any support contract.

Originally posted by death
@dm__: I see. Hm. Maybe comparing the version might help. Could you please post the output of dpkg -l | grep psa and dpkg -l | grep tomcat ?

Maybe there are differencies in the packages Versions. I think I have the newest Version "officialli" available from plesk site (donwloaded it yesterday).

How did you get support to install those packages for you? I think it will cost something? Because we don't have any support contract.

% apt-cache policy psa-migration-manager
psa-migration-manager:
Installed: 7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050902.09

and no tomcat installed. I asked the paid support, but supporters said it's the bug in migration manager and so they won't charge me.

Also I think the tomcat error may be just ignored: it's the psa-api-cli invokation which enables the Tomcat on domain, and it failed because no Tomcat installed.

Strange, it looks like I'm having the same version as you:

Code:
Package 'psa-migration-manager' of version 7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050902.09 is installed
Other version 7.5.4-debian3.1.build75050902.09 of package psa-migration-manager available in product conf file.
Package psa-migration-manager is up to date

But it doesnt work anyways...

So to sum up this thread, the warnings will be received, even if Tomcat is not installed on either server, and they can be ignored since the domains migration fine - and there is not a patch that corrects the "information only" error. Is this correct?

Back