1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Migration failed ...

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by MarcD, May 30, 2009.

1. MarcD

MarcD Guest

We change our linux server, so i try to migrate our site (~80Go) from a plesk 9.2 server (fedora 4) to an other plesk 9.2 server (centos 5.2) ... but i have several problems

If I use the Migration Manager, the migration failed because the filesytem / is too small (16Go) .... but the destination filesystem is /var that is big enough (600Go)

If i use the PleskX.pl –dump-domains=..., when i try to import the files I have the message :
    Erreur: Could not create restore session. Invalid parameter: Info xml file is not found: '/var/manual-transfert/manual-transfert'

an idea ?

2. ma-sc

ma-sc Guest

I get the same error while trying to import a ConfixxX.pl dump into Plesk 9.3

Did you find a solution for it?

3. ma-sc

ma-sc Guest

4. GravuTrad

GravuTrad Regular Pleskian

23%
    I used this in the "change temp source folder" method, and i have the same problem to reimport my datas from the local directory i transferred them by the same method recommended for this.

http://kb.odin.com/en/1152

Why my datas can't be reimported? Why this error?

It's urgent, thanks.

5. GravuTrad

23%
    Ok, it was only needed to put the dump.xml file at the end of the path.

But now it fails cause this:

But there was nothing on the server and no databases on it before....

The migration end with the files, the databases, but false datas of size content and no users for databases...

6. GravuTrad

23%
    No news about this? i can't make a complete migration from an old server to a new server and the old server will be soon out...

7. GravuTrad

23%
    Tired to wait a solution about this, i tried with backup solution.

I've done a backup by ftp, i had this bug after transferred the backup on a ftp of the new server (the old one has done the backup correctly with the same config, strange)
    I've done too a backup on the old server directly and transferred the dump folder on the new server, the new server doesn't see the backup.
    I tried this correction: http://kb.odin.com/en/9352, same thing, the backup isn't seen.

I really don't know now how to move of server if all fails! (migration and backup solutions)

Please i need help, i'm really blocked.

Thanks.

8. GravuTrad

23%
    Founded why the server backup wasn't seen in the new server: the .discovered folder isn't transferred by the scp command. (i transferred it myself)

I try now the restore....

edit: i had to reput the old pmm-ras too to can see the backups...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010