• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration failed ...

M

MarcD

We change our linux server, so i try to migrate our site (~80Go) from a plesk 9.2 server (fedora 4) to an other plesk 9.2 server (centos 5.2) ... but i have several problems

If I use the Migration Manager, the migration failed because the filesytem / is too small (16Go) .... but the destination filesystem is /var that is big enough (600Go)

If i use the PleskX.pl –dump-domains=..., when i try to import the files I have the message :
Erreur: Could not create restore session. Invalid parameter: Info xml file is not found: '/var/manual-transfert/manual-transfert'

an idea ?

I get the same error while trying to import a ConfixxX.pl dump into Plesk 9.3

Did you find a solution for it?

We change our linux server, so i try to migrate our site (~80Go) from a plesk 9.2 server (fedora 4) to an other plesk 9.2 server (centos 5.2) ... but i have several problems

If I use the Migration Manager, the migration failed because the filesytem / is too small (16Go) .... but the destination filesystem is /var that is big enough (600Go)

If i use the PleskX.pl –dump-domains=..., when i try to import the files I have the message :
Erreur: Could not create restore session. Invalid parameter: Info xml file is not found: '/var/manual-transfert/manual-transfert'

an idea ?

I used this in the "change temp source folder" method, and i have the same problem to reimport my datas from the local directory i transferred them by the same method recommended for this.

http://kb.odin.com/en/1152

Why my datas can't be reimported? Why this error?

It's urgent, thanks.

Ok, it was only needed to put the dump.xml file at the end of the path.

But now it fails cause this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<execution-result status="success"><object name="mysiterenamed.org" type="domain"><object name="u39816462_vd_wp" type="database"><message code="FailedDatabaseUserDeployment" severity="error"><context>virtual void plesk::DatabaseUserDeployer::act(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./databases.cpp</file><line>278</line><text>Failed deployment of database user vd_wp of database u39816462_vd_wp</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update u39816462_vd_wp -add_user vd_wp -type mysql -print-id -passwd failed with return code 2.
Stderr is
Unable to create database user: User with requested name already exists
</text></message></message></object><object name="vd_olate" type="database"><message code="FailedDatabaseUserDeployment" severity="error"><context>virtual void plesk::DatabaseUserDeployer::act(plesk::XmlNode) const</context><file>./databases.cpp</file><line>278</line><text>Failed deployment of database user vd_olate of database vd_olate</text><message code="ExecCmd::ExFailed" severity="error"><context>void plesk::ExecCmd::reportError() const</context><file>ExecCmd.cpp</file><line>49</line><text>Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update vd_olate -add_user vd_olate -type mysql -print-id -passwd failed with return code 2.
Stderr is
Unable to create database user: User with requested name already exists
</text></message></message></object></object></execution-result>

But there was nothing on the server and no databases on it before....

The migration end with the files, the databases, but false datas of size content and no users for databases...

No news about this? i can't make a complete migration from an old server to a new server and the old server will be soon out...

Tired to wait a solution about this, i tried with backup solution.

I've done a backup by ftp, i had this bug after transferred the backup on a ftp of the new server (the old one has done the backup correctly with the same config, strange)
I've done too a backup on the old server directly and transferred the dump folder on the new server, the new server doesn't see the backup.
I tried this correction: http://kb.odin.com/en/9352, same thing, the backup isn't seen.

I really don't know now how to move of server if all fails! (migration and backup solutions)

Please i need help, i'm really blocked.

Thanks.

Founded why the server backup wasn't seen in the new server: the .discovered folder isn't transferred by the scp command. (i transferred it myself)

I try now the restore....

edit: i had to reput the old pmm-ras too to can see the backups...

Last edited:
Back