• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migration fails with error "Failed to copy web files for subscription"

Giorilias

New Pleskian
SOURCE SERVER
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Plesk 12.5.30 update 47 (it has the latest microupdate installed)

DESTINATION SERVER
Windows Server 2012 R2
Plesk 12.5.30 update 47 (it has the latest microupdate installed)

I am trying to migrate a subscription from Source to Destination server.
I downloaded the RPC Agent to the Source server and have ran it as Administrator.
Also, I have disabled firewall in both servers.

The migration starts successfully, but it fails with error:
error: Failed to copy web files for subscription 'mysubscription.com'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Failed to execute remote command on 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' server. Check debug log (usually at "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\panel-migrator\rpc-agent\debug.log") for more details.

This is NOT the issue of kb articles:
http://kb.plesk.com/en/128063 (has been fixed in microupdate #19)
http://kb.plesk.com/en/128065 (Try to disable Firewall on source server)

I checked the debug log, and it has the error:
[2016-09-20 19:24:15,434] [DEBUG] parallels | Put contents to file 'C:\panel_migrator\version'
[2016-09-20 19:24:23,561] [DEBUG] parallels | Put contents to file 'C:\panel_migrator\panel-migrator-rsync-installer-2.exe'
[2016-09-20 19:24:23,561] [ERROR] parallels | Failed to execute received command for function 'upload_file_content'
[2016-09-20 19:24:23,561] [DEBUG] parallels | Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "panel-migrator-rpc-agent.py", line 661, in handle
File "panel-migrator-rpc-agent.py", line 316, in upload_file_content
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\panel_migrator\\panel-migrator-rsync-installer-2.exe'

Hello!

Probably there are still running RPC agent or rsync server on source from previous migrations? Could you please check running processes on your source server named like 'panel-migrator-*'? Need to terminate all of them if any and then run RPC agent again.

Also, I migrated a subscription from another Windows server 2012 R2 Standard, with Plesk 12.0.18, and it completed successfully.
So, probably the problem is on the source server.

Back