• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration has made no progress in 14 hours.

H

Helter

I'm doing a migration, going from 7.5 to 8.6. I have about 26 clients, and about 80 domains. Total data size should be around 40-50 GB.
I started the migration last night, and it was moving along well for a few hours, then just *stopped* progress wise. The /migration/ folder on the remote host has not had any changes for 16 hours, the progress meter on the new server has not moved for the same period. The migration script is still running on the remote host and taking up quite a lot of resources though. What caught my eye is that the migration folder is taking up exactly 4.0 GB... which makes me think that it's a built in limit of some kind, rather than just where it happened to stop. I have plenty of space on the drive that it's on, but I have clients with domains larger than 4 GB...
I checked the manual for the migration manager before running it, and didn't notice any limits that I could change like that, or any config files that I could customize. I did notice that if it runs out of disk space, it can trash the remote host though. On my new server, the migration log and dumping status xml file *are* still being written too, and don't have any errors that I can find...
Before doing this I did a test migration with a single client, which went fine (had a problem with a single mysql db, that was all).

Any advice? If I need to stop this and adjust file limits or something, I'd rather do it now than later...

Still no progress... I'm going to need to cancel this pretty soon, the perl script is using too many resources to let it run with no expectation of progress.

I'm trying again with only 5 domains, and appear to be running into the same problem. Does anybody have ANY idea how I can get around this? I can't find ANY troubleshooting steps for the migration manager, and the documentation doesn't give any help.
I'm more than willing to dig through man pages or any docs that can be found, but I need to know where they are first.

Thanks for the response, the logs didn't say anything.

It turned out to be a problem with tar. There was a domain that had a very large number of non-compressible files, mostly mp3 and avi files, and maybe 10-12 GB of them. I had enough room on the disk that I had configured the source files to be saved on, but not enough room on the system disk for tar to compile all of the files in /tmp.

I found this out by running the manager from command line verbosely.

After tarring and moving those files separately, the migration went fairly smoothly.

My DNS records didn't transfer perfectly, but I think I only had about 10 records to correct manually before dns was working, which isn't bad at all in my book.

Back